Robosoccer

Hi
i want help on robosoccer..
Anyone if working or worked on this project please help!!
thanking you in advance ..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Could you tell us about the Robosoccer project? Do you have any specific questions?
  • kewlsarkar
    kewlsarkar
    Thanks for noticing my post.
    robosoccer is a project in which a robot is intellegent enough to play football on its own.
    It has to identify obstacles and oppostite teammembers and avoid them and identify ball to hit it and take it to the goal.
    It will have application of image processing .
    I have started working on Image processing using matlab , but its too basic, and i am getting no idea how to head for the project.
    It will be great if iget a overview and kind of guidance for the project.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I assume this is real and not virtual? soccer ball could have a frequency transmitter the robots pick up. GPS and sensors would locate the goal and other bots.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Rather than using sensors and GPS, you can use image processing to do it. But this still requires the use of AI. It's a complex project, but you can do it.
    The robotics team of Carnegie Mellon University did a project in this and it was a huge success. now they are conducting world automatic robosoccer competitions.
    You can search youtube to find plenty of videos about it. Also take a look at CMU website. There are some material available.
  • kewlsarkar
    kewlsarkar
    No, No gps is to be used.
    ball is a simple ball , the robot has to identify it using image processing , and then take it to the goal , again identifying the right goal , and also avoiding contact with enemy team robots.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    true ,image processing & also graphic analysis is required.For avoiding oppponent similar face recognision or colour recognizition is required.

Thanks,
    J2R
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    How big is the playing field? One common method is to use a webcam hoisted at the top, and is able to see the whole field. The ball would be one specific colour, the goals another, as well as the players. This 2D view is sufficient.
  • kewlsarkar
    kewlsarkar
    Ya, ash you are absolutely right.Field size is of less importance and that can be dealt with later.The remaining details given by you are very true.The cam will be either mounted on top or on the robot . It will take 2D pictures , send it to computer where code will be run, which will then send control signals to robot , and robot will move and act accordingly on the field. This is what is to happen.
    My problem is this coding part. Can anyone anyhow help me in this ??????
  • kewlsarkar
    kewlsarkar
    either post it here or if possible send the details and related data to
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thanks in advance
    😀
    I luv CE
  • kewlsarkar
    kewlsarkar
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    this link i got from a student of CMU...
    its really usefull.
  • kewlsarkar
    kewlsarkar
    Friends please keep flooding this forum with views ...
  • kewlsarkar
    kewlsarkar
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • kewlsarkar
    kewlsarkar
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Imagine a round table with diameter equal to fifteen times the diameter of a saucer. Question: How many saucers can be accommodated on the table, without overlapping and not surpassing...
*Must read for all New Joiners* I remember it was more than 3 years back when Biggie had told me the concept behind starting CE. I took a little time...
Am a third year student, ECE. Please if anyone has an idea of how to do it please, i really need your help. just give me an idea! Please! thank...
hi frnds, can i get any site where i can learn MATLAB online for digital image processing??
Hi Friends I am using LoadRunner 9.1 I need to test the windows services performance(user defined), so how can I invoke or run the service using the loadrunner. Can any...