Robocon India 2014 With 'A Salute to the Parenthood' Theme In Pune, 6th-8th March 2014

MIT Academy of Engineering is organizing the Robocon 2014 in Pune, India between 6th to 8th March 2014. This year's theme being "A Salute to the Parenthood", teams will be developing a parent robot and a child robot and performing a task. Rules about the same can be found in the PDF attached below.

Screen Shot 2014-03-03 at 1.46.13 PM​

The team at MIT has shared that the theme on Parenthood is chosen to portray the significance of the physical and emotional support as well as the social and intellectual development that parents bring about in their children. Parenthood bestows a wide range of experiences that offer love, security, stimulation, encouragement and opportunities to help a child flourish and grow to achieve its full potential. To know more about the theme, check this video here -

​

The event will decide which team will represent India at the Robocon International event at Pune on 24th August 2014. Among the various prizes that can be won at the event, there are -
  • 1st Prize (Winner)
  • 1st Runner-up
  • 2nd Runner-up
  • Late Prof. Bala Award (To the winners)
  • Best Economical Robot
  • Best Innovative Design
  • Best Aesthetic Robot
  • Fastest Job Completing Robot
  • Best Idea
  • Best Manual Operator
  • Best Rookie Award
  • Best Robot Developed by Rural Institutes
To know more about Robocon India 2014 FAQ, check here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    The event is off to a great start. A 500+ audience cheer the teams as they steer their robots on the track.

MIT-Robocon-1
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    This RoboCon's theme is being called the most difficult ever. But still the students have lived up to the challenge with their stunningly functional robots.😘

Close-up of the arena. The swing and see-saw tasks are too good. πŸ‘

unnamed ​
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great! Can't wait to see the machines in action! πŸ˜€
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    ^ Phone's battery died yesterday. Couldn't take many photos/videos.
    Have a couple of them though. Will share shortly. πŸ˜€
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Day 1 Experience:

About 75 teams battled it out against each other. Total enthu cutlets, these participants! 😁 The yays and whoas were raining like crazy. It's been some time since I found myself in such a charged-up environment. Totally enjoyed!

Most of the teams were playing their two robots, parent and child, on a single joystick. The manual manoeuvrings seemed tough at the see-saw and slide tasks.
    I even participated actively with a team (well, was misunderstood for an organizer, but still) - ran hither tither to connect some wire of theirs.

The organizers were extremely friendly. They let me access the pit area where I could interact with the students better, and also see them practice their moves before the actual play.

Another bonus was Robocon Junior - children from 5th and 6th standards (maybe even little than this) were contesting in the outer dorm. Was fun to watch these Jimmy Neutrons in action. πŸ‘

...............................................................................................................

Couldn't go there today, i.e., Day 2, but looking forward to the finals tomorrow. πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sounds incredible. Can't wait to have more pics and if possible; videos of the event πŸ˜€ Let's try to get the teams on CrazyEngineers.
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Here at the venue! The semis just started. 😁 As Frou Frou would put it - "It's a maddening shroud.". It's a maddening crowd!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here is an image from Day-1 that Ambarish sent me.

IMG-20140307-WA0001
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    NIRMA University, Ahmedabad walk away as winners of RoboCon 2014. VJTI Mumbai came a close second.

Trying my best to get this team, and others, on CE. πŸ˜€
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    NIRMA and VJTI shall represent India in the international RoboCon 2014. πŸ‘
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Here are a few snaps from MIT RoboCon Pune, 2014 -

2014-03-07 11.48.22
    2014-03-07 11.12.18 2014-03-07 11.15.02 2014-03-07 11.28.18 2014-03-07 11.39.58 2014-03-07 12.16.29 2014-03-07 12.27.34 2014-03-07 12.28.08 2014-03-07 12.43.22 2014-03-07 12.49.38

^Prize winning robot and the winner team's photo included! πŸ˜€β€‹
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Fantastic! Can't wait to see the international competition. We'll be there! πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Jarvis Corp is a startup from India founded by Chiragh Dewan from Delhi and Himanshu Vaishnav from Jaipur and they are developing Tony Stark's famous J.A.R.V.I.S. operating system used in...
GameGenetics was founded by Alexander Piutti in the year 2009 in Berlin. GameGenetics allows game developers and publishers to market games and is one of the leading distributors of online...
Samsung has officially announced that Galaxy S5, which is scheduled to launch next month will come stuffed with premium apps and subscriptions worth over 550 USD. This seems to be...
Hi friends. I am doing a project on "Performance test on single cylinder diesel engine fuelled with Neem biodiesel" I had started the process of extraction of biodiesel from Neem...
As we already knew from the leaks regarding Apple’s iOS in the car system, today Apple officially announced β€œCarPlay” at Geneva International Motor Show. CarPlay will integrate your iPhone with...