RippleBuds Use In-Ear Microphone To Eliminate Ambient Noise

Bluetooth headsets are available a dime a dozen. The problem with most of them is sound quality. If you have used Bluetooth headsets you know that the person in the other end is not just receiving your voice but also the ambient noise that ultimately manages to douse the conversation. To get rid of this problem, the team at RippleBuds decided to do something radical. They decided to put the microphone of the Bluetooth ear buds inside your ear canal. On the RippleBuds, the human voice is captured from inside the ear that travels through the Eustachian tube. RippleBuds also manages to reduce ambient noise by up to 30 decibels due to this non-traditional positioning of the RippleBuds’ in-ear microphone. The company claims that since the RippleBuds minimise the noise your smartphone’s intelligent voice assistant whether its Google Now or Siri can pick up your voice more clearly and offer better search results.

RippleBuds (2)
RippleBuds (3) RippleBuds (4) RippleBuds (5) RippleBuds (1)

The RippleBuds are available in mono as well as in stereo pairs which makes them great for listening music wirelessly. RippleBuds have three fin ear-pad design that manages to reduce ambient noise to a great extent which means you no longer have to blast music at a higher volume which may damage your ears. Powering up the RippleBuds is a lot more complicated than plugging in a charger. RippleBuds offer you five hours of talk time, once that duration is complete you need to put them in the recharging capsule that can recharge the RippleBuds three or six times depending on whether you are recharging stereo or mono ones. The recharge capsule is recharged with the help of micro-USB charger. Unlike other in ear headphones which come with three ear-pads, the RippleBuds come with five sizes of ear-pads to make sure that they perfectly fit inside your ears and do not drop out. RippleBuds hook up to your smartphone with the help of Bluetooth 4.1.

Finally we have to deliver the bad news, the price of RippleBuds. The retail price of a mono RippleBud is $129 (8,622 INR) and if you go for the stereo one then you have to shell out $179 (11,965 INR). With this kind of money you would be able to afford a decent entry-level smartphone. If you do wish to get them for cheap you can of course buy them through their Kickstarter campaign in which you can get them at prices as low as $69 (4,612 INR). The Kickstarter campaign has proved to be very successful as they have managed to garner $201,557 against their pledged goal of $50,000 as of this writing.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, in a note to its clients has said that the commercial launch of the much awaited Reliance Jio's 4G services may be pushed...
Hello Folks, I want to learn and implement REST api in my next project. Please share your ideas, articles or tutorials on REST api, how to use REST? pros and...
Hello There i can solve Rubik's cube in 2 minutes . i want to know that is it worthy to add this skill in my resume, if YES then under...
Researchers from the Computer Science department at the University of East Anglia (UEA) have engineered a visual speech recognition system which would act as a support facility for forensic science...
Natural sources are generally uncontrollable and put limits on ways in which humans can manipulate them. Renewable energy, though prescribed, makes it very difficult for systems that are trying to...