Reverse Innovation - Your Thoughts?

Vijay Govindarajan delivers a thought provoking talk on 'Reverse Innovation,' a term he co-defined referring to innovation emerging from developing nations.

If a product costs $100 in US, it should cost $10 in urban India and $1 in rural India.

Mr. Govindrajan's Bio:
A New York Times and Wall Street Journal Best Selling Author, Vijay Govindarajan is Coxe Distinguished Professor at Dartmouth College's Tuck School of Business and Marvin Bower Fellow at Harvard Business School.

Govindarajan worked as General Electric first chief innovation consultant and professor in residence from 2008-10. While working at GE, Govindarajan co-authored a paper entitled "How GE Is Disrupting Itself" with Chris Trimble and GE's CEO Jeffrey Immelt."How GE Is Disrupting Itself," which introduced the idea of reverse innovation.

Listen to the talk and discuss your thoughts about reverse innovation.

Replies

• sathish932
    sathish932
    sorry for posting here.i did not know where to post my question in this website.i want to know the thoughtworks company placement procedure and how to prepare my self to face it?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

AllizHealth works towards simplifying process of storing, accessing and sharing of health data. AllizHealth, a Health, Wellness and Fitness Company, was founded in 2012 by Chinmoy Mishra. It is headquartered...
Last year in September, Bose Corp. introduced its new QuietComfort 25 (QC25) acoustic noise cancelling headphones only for iPod, iPad and iPhone models. The premium headphones are acclaimed for better...
While most people are waiting for Sony to release Xperia Z4, Sony on the other hand is constantly introducing new products. After unveiling Sony Xperia M4 and Sony Xperia E4...
Looking forward to purchase one tablet for my cousin and budget is 10,000/- INR I want 3G enabled. Please suggest which is best in this price range?
Benelli, one of the oldest manufacturers in Italy, launched a range of superbikes for Indian auto market. Benelli has partnered with Pune-based DSK Motowheels to introduce range of bikes priced...