Revamped Unity For Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Users.

Most Ubuntu users have admired the new features & new icons of Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail, But 13.04 is Non-LTS version & most of us prefer stable Ubuntu 12.04 LTS version.

Whatever it is, need not to worry as revamped Unity is now maintained by #-Link-Snipped-# includes some of the hot features of Ubuntu 13.04, specially for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS users.

Some of the features available in Revamped Unity are :
- Minimize on click behaviour for Launcher items.
- Dodge Windows behaviour and options re-added.
- Option to allow menus to be permanently visible. When maximized, window controls will be alongside menu.
- Option to enable/disable expo icon on launcher. Note: even if enabled, the expo icon will not show if multiple workspaces are not in use.

Screenshot from 2013-06-02 18:47:40 Screenshot from 2013-06-02 18:50:13

To Upgrade the Unity & enjoy the features mentioned above :

- Open Terminal by pressing "Alt+Ctrl+T"
- In Terminal Type :

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:garhuy/unity 
This will add the Unity Revamped PPA.

- Further, In Terminal; Type :
 sudo apt-get update 
- And lastly, to install revamped unity & patch it, Type :
 sudo apt-get upgrade 
Now, The current Unity has been upgraded & patched.
All you need to log-out & Re-log to enjoy your shiny Revamped Unity. (I will recommend restart though)

Please Note : You won't be having the icons like what it is shown in uploaded image, as I have used custom Icon theme to make my Unity more attractive.

However, you will see features like dodge window, Ubuntu touch icons, "Unity Dash" icon & border curves along the icons same as me.

This is nice patch to Unity, I am just loving it. 👍

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why can't the reinforcement in the columns be made congestion free especially at the top and bottom 1/4th lengths so that the conrrete can be easily poured and thoroughly compacted...
Is it harmful in providing laps splicing in columns to all the vertical bars in a column at floor level?
Why is plasticizer added to concrete? In what precise time the concrete with plasticizer should be consumed at site?
From where can I get CPWD 2012 or 2013 Analysis of rates in excel format?
What is the difference between compaction and consolidation? Why do we use the term compaction for concrete and consolidation for soil?