Retro Gaming

Was just chatting with a friend about the old skool games consoles/computers - Commodore 64, Spectrum ZX, Atari 2600 and was reminiscing about some of the classic games.

Combat on the Atari is probably my earliest memory of a computer game. I also remember a game called Tank Attack, but I can't recall what this was like and what console it was on - anyone remember this or have any other favourite retro games of their own to share?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ha! I've the memories of 'The Duel' and "Wolfestine 3D'. However, Othello remained my favorite for long time.
  • mattari
    mattari
    Wolfenstein 3D! That rang a bell with me so I googled it and found this Wolfenstein 3D - YouTube - I think I might have played this on a friend's PC once or twice. Love the sound effects!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep! That's the one. 😁 Any Metal Gear fans out there? That game kept me hooked for about 8 months!
  • Nevenizia
    Nevenizia
    Well guys, for a real retro gaming I think that we will need a retro console, too. Take a look, I found this: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Amazing, huh??? 😁
  • mattari
    mattari
    I've seen some of this guy's stuff before. He's always ripping apart games consoles and rebuilding them into lots of weird and wonderful things.

I think this is the Atari console he builds:

[​IMG]
  • Ashish Bardhan
    Ashish Bardhan
    I've played in NINTENDO and SEGA Gaming Consoles, when I was a KID. 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi there, basically I've been off college for a few weeks and recently came back. We've just been given an assignment, and I'm a bit stumped on a few of...
Hello fellow Engineers/Fraggers 😎 If you're an Engineering grad then you might have come across this fabulous and highly addictive game. Hostelers especially. I'll cut to the pro talk then....
Why triangles not squares,rectangles or other geometric shapes are the strongest. The shape is commonly used to supports, trusses, etc. in buildings, but why triangle???
Hello, i have a seminar to present 1st week of April and need a topic based on Neural networks (Artificial intelligence). Thanks Engineers.
Hi everyone ! i am a bit confused .It's my final semester Electrical Engg.I have to take GRE before competing under graduation but the problem is that whether should i...