Research Firm Gartner says its time to dump Windows XP

Well, even through Microsoft will continue to support Windows XP until 2014; Gartner is advising companies to upgrade operating systems from XP to Windows 7.

Michael Silver, vice president and analyst at Gartner, said, "In various polls and surveys, 80 per cent of respondents report skipping Windows Vista. With Windows XP getting older and Windows 8 nowhere in sight, organizations need to be planning their migrations to Windows 7."

The move comes in response to the growing sales of the Microsoft's latest touchscreen OS which has won many positive reviews. According to reports, Microsoft posted a bigger-than-expected 60 per cent jump in quarterly profit, helped by strong sales of Windows 7

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    well i am a big fan of xp it's a bad new's for me and all other xp users.i like window's only due to xp.Microsoft has to earn money hence they continue taking out different OS.
    but after that i like to use linux.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

IDEA GIVEN BY: Himanshu Bala Position: Managing Director and Tech. Team Head NetguruSolution. ADDRESS: MIG DLX A-237, Amrawati South, Near AIIMS, Bhopal – 462043 (MP) Email; md@netgurusolution.com This Original content...
I am working in a process of storing digital data in AIR rather then it to store in Hard Disk or other physical media and I already solved many problems...
I am working in a process of storing digital data in AIR rather then it to store in Hard Disk or other physical media and I already solved many problems...
i just completed my 2nd year of E&C engg. and now i got one month course on embedded systems. then for an another month i m free! so i gotta...
CEans, Lot of engineers come here looking for readymade projects. However, being an engineering student, one should think of newer ideas. Of course, I'm not asking you to start innovating...