Require help in testing my software

Hello
I have developed a small but a live project in java. Its a desktop application which is based on student information system.
Currently i am testing my project manually and finding it very hard. Can you please give me some tips or suggestions...??
Also can you suggest me template to generate my project documents..?? I have used object oriented designing......😒

Replies

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    First of all cover the modules ,what you have designed ..based on that try to prepare the Use cases for that..and then follow the unit testing approach the covers each module one by one...and when the unit testing is working fine when you connect the each module.then try to test with the Integration testing technique make sure if there is defect found ,if you fixed that defect ,it should not impact the other properly working modules..

any concerns please let me know...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Could you share the functional specs with us? It would give us an idea of how the software performs. For testing your project, I think you'll need following documents (I'm not an expert in SQA, there are masters on CE!)

1. Test Plan
    2. Test Cases Document
    3. Execution Reports (can be combined with #2).
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    @biggie:I think with the help of FRS(Funcational requirement specification) we can be able to judge the scenarios.and based on that use cases can be made(use cases are basically you can the high level requirements for that).Then a proper startegy can be made.
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Thank you for your concerns.........Actually i am not able to get what all mistakes a user of my project can commit while using it.......?? I mean wrong data entry and similar..... i am not clear what exactly has to be tested..!! 😕
    this is basically my problem........
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Deepika ,it would be easier for ceans to help you if you can post all the functionality of your project
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Deepika Bansal
    Thank you for your concerns.........Actually i am not able to get what all mistakes a user of my project can commit while using it.......?? I mean wrong data entry and similar..... i am not clear what exactly has to be tested..!! 😕
    this is basically my problem........
    See for example..if you have a Registration page:
    you have many fields.and as well tabs
    lets take a text field for the first name:In which you have to test the only the alphabets not numeral values,text limit.
    same for the email text field:email validation,user must enter the #-Link-Snipped-# symbol,for sepration you can mention either dot or underscore should be.
    please post here your specific description so that we can post a clear answer for you..
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    OK. got an idea.......but this is a very tedious task........
    Well if this has to be done then i should do it (NO other option)...
    By the way, my modules include like logging in, entering student basic information, marks in mid semester exams, storing reappear exams data and degree statement generation. After that it generate reports in excel format.
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Deepika Bansal
    OK. got an idea.......but this is a very tedious task........
    Well if this has to be done then i should do it (NO other option)...
    By the way, my modules include like logging in, entering student basic information, marks in mid semester exams, storing reappear exams data and degree statement generation. After that it generate reports in excel format.
    Ok so you have now a basic idea thats now take each module seprately and plan your test case and you have to be clear to cover out the whole scenarios,as positive and negative.and make a excel sheet with your query logs and defects found and try to work in.
    like for the degree statement geneartion you have to check whether the data is reflecting in the datafrid properly with proper GUI formatting.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i m saqibbugti i m boy i m instrument engineer age 24 from pakistan
Hello everyone, i am using an upconverting mixer (LT5521)which converts a 100MHz signal to 900MHz.it requires an 800MHz of local oscillator input.can anyone suggest any IC or a circuit which...
CEans, If you've noticed, I've added the subscription form after every first post to boost the subscription to CE News Feed. What do you think? Will it work?
Indian actress Twinkle Khanna who is the brand ambassador for Micromax's popular mobile phone model oriented towards women 'Bling' won't Twinkle anymore. The Delhi based telecom company, Bling Telecom has...
So, you worked hard to find a great idea for your final/third year project. You are working hard on it to make it work. I hope you will get good...