REQUIRE HELP IN DELL LAPTOP BATTERY

My Dell laptop,almost 1 and half years old is now showing as consider battery replacement at the battery icon.

Let me know the prices of dell laptop batteries.

Although the laptop is working fine with full time charging,let me know if there is any issue if i continue the same for some more days..Think u got my point.

Planning to buy new battery by february end..Can i continue with the existing one for 15 more days??with normal use.?Will there by any problem to my laptop in such case?

Aldo need some recommendation in buying those batteries

Replies

• ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    Which model are you using?

6 cell battery would cost you around Rs 3,000 to 4,000

For more details regarding cost and specific battery , check this below link.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You can use it , Its ok for normal usage.
  • X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    @usrplfrnd :my model is Dell inspiron 15R N5010(6 battery),which is not listed in the link given by you.
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    X-Engineer
    @usrplfrnd :my model is Dell inspiron 15R N5010(6 battery),which is not listed in the link given by you.

Check out this link :

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dell batteries suck. The Dell Inspiron I'm using has been showing the battery replacement indicator for the last 2 months and I'm pushing it to the limits. 👍

The cost is around INR. 3-4K.
  • X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    @Big K : Wow 2 months you have been in my situation..and I was taking it very seriously...
    You inspire me to follow your path..

BTW how many years you have been using it??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    X-Engineer
    @Big K : Wow 2 months you have been in my situation..and I was taking it very seriously...
    You inspire me to follow your path..

BTW how many years you have been using it??
    Don't follow the wrong thing. I'm going to change it the moment I find time to actually go and buy it from the shop (won't buy it online). The thing is my computer usage is over 12-14 hours every day. I prefer desktops to laptops when it comes to serious office work.
  • X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    Will keeping the old batteries degrade my laptop as a whole.
    My problem is financial situation that i was planning to buy it later
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    X-Engineer
    Will keeping the old batteries degrade my laptop as a whole.
    My problem is financial situation that i was planning to buy it later
    I don't know! It's always a good idea to replace the batteries. But if anything goes wrong, no company will take responsibility.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If battery is genuine then you can you as long as it survive
    I am using Dell more than 2year and still it giving me 2-3 hours of backup.Every battery has it own life of charging - discharging cycle.
    there is some tips I follow...
    1.Always run your laptop on plug in as much as possible.
    2.Try not to drain your battery less than 40%
    3.If you are going to use laptop for hours in plug in then in Dell there is facility to Disable charging of battery . Dell Battery Meter -->Battery Life--> (Check) Disable battery charging.
    Now laptop will not charge your battery in little depletion.

(But drain your battery regularly like once in week to 40% and again charge.)
    Most battery affected by frequent deep discharge .

Here you can find some more tips: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    ianoop
    I agree with the first point, my laptop too runs faster when plugged in.
    Yeah, unless required never let your battery go down till Low Battery level.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    I am using Dell more than 2year and still it giving me 2-3 hours of backup.Every battery has it own life of charging - discharging cycle.
    there is some tips I follow...
    3.If you are going to use laptop for hours in plug in then in Dell there is facility to Disable charging of battery . Dell Battery Meter -->Battery Life--> (Check) Disable battery charging.
    Now laptop will not charge your battery in little depletion.

(But drain your battery regularly like once in week to 40% and again charge.)
    Most battery affected by frequent deep discharge .

Here you can find some more tips: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Very good points, ianoop 👍

By the way I conditioned by phone battery (by putting it through ~8-10 complete charging and discharging cycles and enjoy a good battery backup. But I didn't do that for my laptop battery.

But 2-3 hours after 2 years is a killer! Do you have a 6-cell or 9-cell battery?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I have 6 cell battery,
    I complete a whole movie of 1.40 hours of movie on full charge, It consumes more while movie because I have 512mb graphics card also.
    While working on battery I just lower brightness as much as possible.

But its also true that laptop batteries has their life whether you use them or not. I think it is 3-4 years maximum.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have got few good Kindle ebooks. How to read/open Kindle ebooks on windows ? Is there any conversion software? They are in .mobi format.
An article said that the current trends to be continued over the next few years are these: Enhanced Interface for easy-to-learn and easy-to-use; Improved Functionality defined as improving existing features...
I stumbled upon an interesting concept called 'Solar Simulators' aka the electric lamp that'd simulate the sunlight. I got some more information here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_Simulator , but now looking for some...
Hello friends I have watched this short film and thought that it would be nice sharing with you all. Hope you enjoy it. P.S : Its in Telugu. On subtitles.
There are some studies to show why people do not quit jobs they do not like. They continue with this mill stone round their necks. Reasons seem to be many...