Request for some good advice concerning jobs!!!please pleasehelp!!

Hey!!I am an ECE student in my 3rd year.I have been trying hard to find out what kind of jobs i might be looking for as a fresher when i pass out but i haven't found anything at all.So please kindly spend a little time and post something and allow me to ask a few questions that are soon going to give me a nervous breakdown if left unanswered!!

Replies

• shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Wowowo! Chill buddy!Nothing to worry about!😀...As a fresher you will probably get placed in a good IT firm where you will be required to do programming(after training ofcourse..😀).If core telecom companies do visit your campus then even they will recruit you. For IT companies your basics of C.C++ & Java need to be sound as also your core Electronics concepts. Don't freak out...it isn't that difficult.If you are really intersted in working in your core field then try to stay updated with the latest developments in the field as well as try to give some TPPs in the telecom area. Remember all jobs include a training program so you won't be clueless in the industry. Work hard maintain a good score and I don't see any reason why you shouldn't succeed😎. Loads of luck to you!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you enrolled in electronics & communication engineering by choice (and you like the discipline), I'd suggest you to wait until you your college informs you about the companies recruiting electronics & communication engineers. The best place to inquire, would be your college's Training & Placement office.

I think its too early for you to worry so much about job. You're still in third year and I'd strongly advise you to pay attention to the core subjects and be thorough with your engineering base. Everyone else is built upon it, no matter what engineering career you choose. Be regular on CE so that you keep updated with latest information.
  • Somi
    Somi
    Hey thanks a lot for your advice.Well i do have a big problem concerning my college.Well its a very new college and you can say we don't have campusing here!!So my only 'bharosa' is off campus!!So could tell me more about what is one supposed to do in these jobs,i mean what are the posts and what kind of programs or work.And is IT the first step irrelevant of on what you have done engineering??!!Do reply 'n thanx again!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Usage of non-English words is STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @somi-If your college doesn't have campus placements, then you will have to separately apply to companies.Also in some universities they allow OPEN placements which implies that anyone can apply for interviews at their campus(with certain conditions).As the big_K suggested, it is a bit early for you to worry about placements. Clear your concepts about the core subjects, try to have a genuine interest in them. Stay updated.
    In IT companies you are required to work on projects for clients for which you need programming skills.Depending on the application you will be suitably trained. Since you are a 3rd year student, I trust you have exposure to Java,C&C++. Shore up your basics once in a while about them.In core companies there are various areas you could work in-setting up networks(base stations,towers etc,embedded systems etc),testing equipment,designing equipment etc. It very much depends on the area the company is working in.
  • Somi
    Somi
    Thanks again.I do have something that is keeping me rather tensed these days.After graduation what would be the best thing to go for-higher studies (M.tech) or start looking for jobs.
    also if you have some advice on how to face interviews, improve my comm. skills and things like that, please post, i'll be very grateful.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A very simple logical question? Let A = {x : 3x=6}, Does A=2?
What is full duplex and half duplex in computer networking.
Cain & Abel is a password recovery tool for Microsoft Operating Systems. It allows easy recovery of various kind of passwords by sniffing the network, cracking encrypted passwords using Dictionary,...
Cool batch file to lock and disguise a folder. Move any files you want to be hidden in your locker, double click the bat again and you will be asked...
I want to develop a search engine using asp.net and sql server can anyone please help me and provide me some guidance as soon as possible.............😕 any kind of help...