View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12889 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
ms_cs
ms_cs • Feb 16, 2010

reputations

for every thread the person starts, the readers can rate it [ it is existing feature ]. How about ,increasing reputation near to avatar, if a other member rated for question or for his answer,. for example if a member KUMAR rated the answer given by Ram, then automatically reputation value should be increased. the reputation value should be below the avatar image. It shows the member's quality also avoids spam sometimes. there is rating , also if Kumar finds that Ram is wasting others time, Kumar can give negative rating. that decreases his reputation, given that KUMAR is a member having reputation above 1000. please post your comments ceans.
csiscool
csiscool • Feb 16, 2010
not a good idea I think,
csiscool
csiscool • Feb 16, 2010
wt do u think guys
I believe we had some previous discussions regarding a "thanks" feature, which are upcoming.

Though one caveat I've noticed in other forums regarding the repuation is that people can still abuse this system via mutual repping; i.e I give you reputation if you give me too. There I think a simple thanks system would work, where a post can be thanked (along with the list of people who thanked them) to show how useful the post was.
csiscool
csiscool • Feb 16, 2010
ash
I believe we had some previous discussions regarding a "thanks" feature, which are upcoming.

Though one caveat I've noticed in other forums regarding the repuation is that people can still abuse this system via mutual repping; i.e I give you reputation if you give me too. There I think a simple thanks system would work, where a post can be thanked (along with the list of people who thanked them) to show how useful the post was.
this is nice idea.
I dont know that it is upcoming.. nice 😁
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Feb 16, 2010
The thanks feature is upcoming. CE Forum will undergo major changes in coming weeks [special announcements will be made]. The feature lets members thank the poster for useful post and that adds to his/her reputation.
optimystix
optimystix • Feb 19, 2010
the problem that ash mentioned is a common one with most forums. but that doesnt mean that rep system is worthless. Frequent mutual repping can be found out by appropriate methods.

Though honestly people will vie for reps and not for the interest of helping others. I hav seen members becoming addicted to reps and going by cheap practices to get them.

one may call it a necessary evil 😛

Share this content on your social channels -