Report Error/Bugs on CE here

Hello, starting this thread to report Error and Bugs here on CE

Recently, using mobile I've seen this.

When I click on image of any CEan who appears in Engineers you follow (right sidebar), instead of the pop-up we generally see of the respective profile, I got this error (in the screen shot)

[​IMG]

I tried again after clearing the cache, saved password, all the history, but I got same thing.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    When reporting a bug, please provide as many details as you can. The typical information we'd need to reproduce the bug is:

Operating System:
    Browser & Version:
    Steps To Reproduce:
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    When reporting a bug, please provide as many details as you can. The typical information we'd need to reproduce the bug is:

Operating System:
    Browser & Version:
    Steps To Reproduce:
    Operating System: Android Version 2.3.6
    Browser & Version: Android's default browser
    Steps To Reproduce: Click on any image under appearing under Engineer's you follow section like this :
    Spoiler: Warning : Large Image
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Could you quickly check what the JS error says? Details would help. Do other overlays work fine? For example, when you click on any username, does your browser correctly display an overlay?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Could you quickly check what the JS error says? Details would help. Do other overlays work fine? For example, when you click on any username, does your browser correctly display an overlay?
    No details regarding the query, it's just showing this.
    Clicking on other profiles is working absolutely fine.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let's see if others are facing the same issue. Can someone quickly check? I'm unable to reproduce this issue on my phone, using default android browser.

#-Link-Snipped-# - could you check with Chrome / Firefox on Android?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Update : I'm getting an overlay now for every profile, even the profiles of Engineers I follow, but in the afternoon, no profile was opening, all were displaying the error as shown above.

Still Curious to see if others are getting this ?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I see no issue too. Tested Firefox, Opera & Default browsers, everything's fine.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Sanyam Khurana
    Hello, starting this thread to report Error and Bugs here on CE

Recently, using mobile I've seen this.

When I click on image of any CEan who appears in Engineers you follow (right sidebar), instead of the pop-up we generally see of the respective profile, I got this error (in the screen shot)

I tried again after clearing the cache, saved password, all the history, but I got same thing.
    It might be possible that your didn't have enough network speed on your mobile at that time, since this popup is rendered through ajax, when server didn't receive any response in a specific period of time then it just throw away exception with proper error message 😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# you might want to have a look at this.
    Own Fresh tab on sidebar shows a new post multiple times.
    Bug
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    From what I've seen, that happens whenever we move a post from one forum section to another & rename it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's because of caching and there's no immediate fix for this. That widget eats up lot of memory and we've no option but to keep it cached all the time. One way to deal with it is to only let the logged in members view that widget and hide it from search bots and guest users. We'll take a call on it.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Ankita Katdare
    From what I've seen, that happens whenever we move a post from one forum section to another & rename it.
    Ok, I thought if we used to remove or delete duplicate thread it used to updated on that widget also so widget also used to remove that post from own fresh tab.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Left part of our brain is generally associated with logic where as right part is associated with creativity. Being an Engineer, I think most of us would use a greater...
Flipkart has announced the launch of Flipkart First - a premium customer subscription service that treats the users as VIPs. While there is no information available about the subscription charges,...
Researchers at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, California had taken first step towards creating a new microbial life that are not known anywhere on the planet earth. The...
The Israelis have reinvented the wheel; and this time it's been redesigned to absorb shocks for smooth and soft rides. Gilad Wolf, a farmer, broke his pelvis about 6 years...
Quote: A tiny Spanish island with just 10,000 residents is about to do something amazing. El Hierro, the smallest of the Canary Islands, plans to completely sever ties with the...