Replacing Bearings

When exactly should we replace the bearings of vehicle wheels? How to know whether bearings are to be replaced? What exactly/How exactly ball bearings work in Cars and other vehicles?
Refer: Hstuffwork... I want some discussion to understand clearly.

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hello eccentric,
    The bearings are for supporting shafts. The material for bearings are soft as compared to shaft. The bearings are mostly made from cadmium base alloys.

For normal bearings see this as you recommended: Types of Bearings - How Bearings Work | HowStuffWorks Well the diagram itself is self explanatory. Regarding automobiles, let us wait for people to comment. 😀
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    ishutopre
    Hello eccentric,
    The bearings are for supporting shafts. The material for bearings are soft as compared to shaft. The bearings are mostly made from cadmium base alloys.

For normal bearings see this as you recommended: Types of Bearings - How Bearings Work | HowStuffWorks Well the diagram itself is self explanatory. Regarding automobiles, let us wait for people to comment. 😀
    Yes, but the question is how bearings are useful in proper movement of vehicle. I referred the HSW link, but req some discussion for me to understand.

For Ex: Consider the diff between normal wheel(with bearings) and one without bearings. What difference does it make to the wheels?
  • sumit gupta
    sumit gupta
    whn shaft will vibrate and producing noice thn bearing will replace
  • gohm
    gohm
    If you are refering to hub bearings, you can check for freeplay by shaking the wheel. Automobiles tend to use other forms of bearings than standard ball bearings, like: roller, bushing, fluid & needle.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i m final year project please help me out in selecting some topics for my major project....
hi i want to decode a data(DAT) file of the game to see the source code of the game to fix it glitches and bug please help is there any...
hey friends, i need some new ideas related to Electrical and electronics group for my mini project i have some but we can't make them possible with this technology so...
Engineers please guide me about "discharge measurement and common errors in discharge measurement"
I'm curious to know whether it's worth doing MS in India? The current trend is to go to a foreign country for MS courses in advance engineering disciplines? If yes,...