Renault Lodgy - Specs, Mileage And Booking Details Out Ahead of April Launch

To give the massively popular Toyota Innova and the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Honda Mobilio and Mahindra Xylo a fierce competition, Renault India has launched its new MPV Renault Lodgy 2015. All set to hit Indian roads in the month of April, Renault Lodgy has managed to attract a lot of attention from the automobile enthusiasts in the country. Trending on Twitter with the hashtag [HASHTAG]#LiveLodgycal[/HASHTAG], the all new MPV is going to make many heads turn when it finally arrives in various brick and mortar stores across India next month. Let's take a closer look at the specs of the latest MPV, but first know that Renault India dealers have started accepting bookings for Renault Lodgy car and the booking amount is Rs. 50,000.

Previously seen in many Renault-Nissan automobiles such as Renault Duster, Sunny, Pulse, Scala, Micra and Fluence, the 1.5 liter four-cylinder K9K diesel engine will also power the all new Renault Lodgy MPV. To be made in two variants - 85 PS and 110 PS, the Renault Lodgy doesn't offer automatic transmission in any. While, the 85 PS variant produces 200 Nm of torque, and is mated to a 5-speed transmission, the 110 PS variant delivers 245 Nm of torque and is mated to a 6-speed gearbox. That bring us to the Renault Lodgy mileage. As per the ARAI tests, the company promises 21.04 km/litre mileage for 85 PS version, whereas the 110 PS version should deliver 19.98 km/litre.

renault-lodgy-india-launch
Coming in two seating variants - the 8-seater and the 7-seater, the Renault Lodgy dimensions measure up to 4,498 mm in length, 1,751 mm in width, 1,697 mm in height and 2,810 mm in wheelbase. The MPV offers 275 liter boot space which can be expanded up to 1,861 liters when the last two rows are folded. Among the various security features there's ABS, EBD and dual front airbags and as for the entertainment unit there is a touchscreen Media NAV system available in the top-end variant of the Lodgy.

Take a look at what various automobile experts have to say in the following video by Renault India -

As for the pricing, sources suggest that the starting price of Renault Lodgy should be around Rs. 8-9 Lakh mark for the base level 85PS variant, whereas the more powerful 110PS variant should retail at Rs. 12-13 lakh. What are your thoughts on the new Innova and Mobilio competitor on the block? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    MPV is very crucial segment in Indian market in such crucial stage Renault launching perfect choice for consumers ..👍...On top on that Renault offering Lodgy at very competitive price so this may again give hit to sells....let see how customers responds on this offerings....🎉
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# True. Although, do mark that the company hasn't officially revealed the exact pricing. Hoping to update this discussion on the day of launch in the month of april.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It all started with the Innova and I think that vehicle remains unbeaten. I'm worried about Renault's service. Would love to see someone doing a head to head comparison of this vehicle with Honda's Mobilio which looks like a strong contender in the segment.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Good news !! (James May reference)
    Another Dacia comes to India rebranded as a Renault. First it was the Duster, and now its the Lodgy.
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It all started with the Innova and I think that vehicle remains unbeaten. I'm worried about Renault's service. Would love to see someone doing a head to head comparison of this vehicle with Honda's Mobilio which looks like a strong contender in the segment.
    Yes Kaustubh agree with you regarding Renault's service , as a recent incident happened in Kota , me too shocked when read this news that "Renault Duster owner from Kota,Rajasthan has “donated” his troublesome compact SUV to the local Morak Station Gram Panchayat on the condition that it would be used as a garbage collection vehicle."
    d
    Disgruntled owner donates his Renault Duster for garbage disposal | Motoroids

👎
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    someone doing a head to head comparison of this vehicle with Honda's Mobilio
    Yep. When it comes to Renault Lodgy Vs Honda Mobilio one has to agree that it is one of the biggest rivals as it has suddenly started garnering a fan following of sorts. However, if it is priced correctly, the Lodgy might have an upper hand over Ertiga and Mobilio as it offers more space and better engine performance and people would be willing to shell out a little more. In the looks department, I guess, between Mobilio and Lodgy there is no one clear winner. Both have it pluses. While Mobilio RS version comes with body-kits, the Lodgy has blackened B-Pillar and C-Pillar to offer.

We have to wait for another few weeks to see the exact pricing of Renault Lodgy. That should clear many doubts.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The official launch date has been confirmed as April 9th, 2015. We will update this discussion with the exact pricing and availability details by then. 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    .....and it's here. The official pricing of Renault Lodgy!

Renault Lodgy 85PS

Std 85PS – Rs. 8.19 lakh
    RxE 85PS – Rs. 8.99 lakh
    RxL 85PS – Rs. 9.59 lakh
    RxZ 85PS – Rs. 10.89 lakh

Renault Lodgy 110PS

RxL 110PS – Rs. 10.09 lakh
    RxZ 110PS 8 seater – Rs. 1.49 lakh
    RxZ 110PS 7 seater – Rs. 11.79 lakh
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Ankita Katdare
    .....and it's here. The official pricing of Renault Lodgy!

Renault Lodgy 85PS

Std 85PS – Rs. 8.19 lakh
    RxE 85PS – Rs. 8.99 lakh
    RxL 85PS – Rs. 9.59 lakh
    RxZ 85PS – Rs. 10.89 lakh

Renault Lodgy 110PS

RxL 110PS – Rs. 10.09 lakh
    RxZ 110PS 8 seater – Rs. 1.49 lakh
    RxZ 110PS 7 seater – Rs. 11.79 lakh
    #-Link-Snipped-# correction in RxZ 110PS 8 seater - 11.49 Lakhs
    Source : Auto News @ CarDekho
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# True. Although, do mark that the company hasn't officially revealed the exact pricing. Hoping to update this discussion on the day of launch in the month of april.
    #-Link-Snipped-# : And Yes Renault introducing Lodgy at very aggressive price , this may be another game changer for them...👍😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

You might have already noticed that we've tweaked a few things on CrazyEngineers. The main changes are - Main site font changed to 'Muli' : Let us know if it...
Please anyone can help me about "importance of heat in civil engineering" ??
Microsoft has been on an acquisition spree ever since the beginning of 2015. In January, it acquired 'Equivio', the provider of machine learning technologies and another startup named 'Revolution Analytics'...
hey guys , I am Vidit , student of Computer Science , currently in 6th sem.. my GPA in BE is 6.6 and i have scored 80 % in X...
One of the best graphic designers of all time, Massimo Vignelli. Here is his interview. Check it out: https://www.fastcodesign.com/3044133...ic-design-legend-massimo-vignelli?partner=rss