Remote COntrolled Car

Hi ,

I am thinking about developing a remote controlled car which can be controlled using a TV remote.......

But I have never worked with INFRARED........

Please Help me and tell me HOW A TV REMOTE CONTROL WORKS??? in a simple language and with the help of block diagram..........

I have already GOOGLE it but the language is difficult for me.............

Regards,
VIPUL

Replies

• lal
    lal
    But if its infrared, the range would be limited. Right? the reciever and transmitter has to be always in sight with each other. I feel its better not to use infrared.
  • a.alandkar
    a.alandkar
    Hi Vipul, First of all its really a nice thing that you are thinking doing something new which you don't know. See Infrared needs line of sight communication so it's not compatible with such applications, better you use RF kit. 135/433 MHz, ASM RF kit. It's working range is around 20 Meters and data speed is 10 Kbps.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Dude, you can use one thing. A bluetooth kit costs less than 500. Using that, you will surely be able to connect with the computer and operate the remote car. Actually I just did a project using bluetooth, and remote control... What happens is, the remote control has the keys. It is received by a chip, which was taken from the TV. That chip I connected with the bluetooth module and another bluetooth is available in the computer. Using hyperterminal, I received the instructions and made it connect. I guess, you can work on bluetooth or zigbee as they have a higher range of 2 mtrs and 10 mtrs respectively.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The British Designer Jonathan Ive - the man behind designs of iPod, iPad, iPhone, MacBooks and several other Apple's legendary products is said to be quitting the company. TheSundayTimes reported...
I want some funny replies. What do people do if they are born in leap year (Feb 29)?😎
There are tons of mechanical and automobile engineers looking for summer training in Tata Motors. We've had an old discussion here: https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/summer-training-at-tata-motors-and-maruti-udyog.27759/ If anyone knows the full procedure for applying...
write the shortest code you can write to print all the odd no from 1 to 100? Note:- Don't use google please
NPO SvyazProekt (NPO SP) has signed a landmark deal with Newtec to become its first, third party, repair centre for Russia, Ukraine and other CIS countries. The agreement will cover...