Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ review

Any user of Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ ?

Previously I were having the Reliance plug and play 1x whose speed was pathetic (in comparision to what I were paying). Now I upgraded it to broadband+ (Reliance is announcing that its speed is upto 3.1 MBPS). Though its no where near 3.1, still I am getting pretty good speed (around 500+ kbps). Does anyone from INDIA has any experience of reliance netconnect broadband+???

Speed, billing, or any other bad/good experience.

NOTE: I heared that its not good at upload speed, but again I hardly do any upload so its not the area of my concern.

Thanks in advance for the reviews.

-CG

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    We have a similar discussion in our office (in hyd) regarding the broadband connection.

Sorry to say this but none had a good opinion on Reliance.

Few comments ::

- Overall. Worst service.
    - Session is timedout after every six hours. That means downloading a huge file is a pain. need to login again. no downloading in the nights.
    - For some reason password is reset automatically to some unknown password (frequently). To get back call the customer service and wait for 24 hours. NO Internet for a whole day.

(Comments copied from my friend's review )
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    If you have BSNL wireless broadband service available in your town, check that out. A senior of mine uses it. He pays Rs 500/month for unlimited data transfer. Theoretical speeds upto 4.1 Mbps. Actual speeds vary between 300 - 600 Kbps, depending upon reception. You have to pay Rs 1000 at the start, out of which Rs 500 is security deposit i think..
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yes the comments I heard are good about BSNL and Airtel.

So you can opt any one of these ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gabbar
    gabbar
    CrazyGirl
    Any user of Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ ?

Previously I were having the Reliance plug and play 1x whose speed was pathetic (in comparision to what I were paying). Now I upgraded it to broadband+ (Reliance is announcing that its speed is upto 3.1 MBPS). Though its no where near 3.1, still I am getting pretty good speed (around 500+ kbps). Does anyone from INDIA has any experience of reliance netconnect broadband+???

Speed, billing, or any other bad/good experience.

NOTE: I heared that its not good at upload speed, but again I hardly do any upload so its not the area of my concern.

Thanks in advance for the reviews.

-CG
    hi.. i have been using reliance broadband + since the last two months... and am happy with the service... dont go for bsnl since its govt owned and after sales support is pathetic (as per feedbacks from my friends who have used it).. i had used tata previously for about a year .. didnt get the expected speed and coverage... so as of now i feel reliance is a good option to consider.. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The 3.1 Mbps speed threw me off.. until I realised this is a EV-DO service, not HSDPA ๐Ÿ˜› Quite interesting that India is using both CDMA and GSM technologies.

@ mad_scientist
    Is there a data cap for that package? For example, 3 GB per month before they throttle the speed?

@ CEans
    Its quite hard to choose among various wireless broadband services. The main thing is to select the one which has good coverage in the areas you'll likely to spend your time in, as well as their connection stability.

What I suggest to those who already have certain wireless broadband services (in this case, Reliance) to do some simple speed and latency checks in different locations. Use this website (Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test), and paste the picture here. At least that will help other CEans.

Also, anyone have an idea if any of Indian service providers is going to trial LTE this year?
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    ash
    @ mad_scientist
    Is there a data cap for that package? For example, 3 GB per month before they throttle the speed?
    No, at least I don't think so. Its a pretty simple package. Kinda like What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get

Except the speed maybe!!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Till now my experience with Reliance netconnect Broadband+ is pretty good.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HEy everyone! I wanted an advice regarding laptops. I am really confused which brand to prefer while buying a new laptop. Can u help me with this please? My range...
๐Ÿ˜Hai friends, I am abi, entering my 1st yr Engineering in Instrumentation&Control on Aug17.๐Ÿ˜ can i know ,how was the subject&opportunities?๐Ÿ˜•
hey guys m a 2nd yr mechanical engg. student temme how 2 apply 4 summer training at tata motors and maruti udyog???
We all are aware of the Swine flu pandemic in Pune. Many of the schools and colleges are closed. Since we are work in centrally air-conditioned environment even if once...
Off late, I've been finding LOTS of requests from members about seminar topics and I've often noticed a particular trend that they see a couple of topics being discussed and...