Reliance LYF 4G LTE Smartphones To Ensure Rapid 4G Penetration In India

Reliance LYF 4G LTE brand of smartphones will soon be launched by Reliance Retail, a subsidiary of Mukesh Ambani owned Reliance Industries. The new smartphone brand "LYF" is expected to hit the markets during the December timeframe, coinciding with the pan India rollout of the 4G services by Reliance Jio, another subsidiary of Reliance Industries.

The LYF brand of smartphones is being built to offer unparalleled user experience to the customers switching to 4G networks. The phones will support Voice over LTE aka VoLTE, Voice Over Wi-Fi as well as high definition audio and video calling. The company is getting the distribution and retail network ready across the country along with Reliance Retail stores.

Reliance Jio Infocomm has already announced that it's in the final stages of testing its network in select parts of the country and getting ready for national rollout starting December 2015. The company plans to set up an entire ecosystem around 4G comprising of strong infrastructure, fibre cables along with hardware and software services.

Reliance-LYF-4G-LTE-Smartphones

The company is also planning to launch key digital services like online education, healthcare, security services, financial services and government-public interface.

Reliance Jio has launched Reliance Jionet 4G Hotspot In Mumbai At Select Ganesh Utsav Pandals across multiple locations in India in association with state authorities. We learn that Reliance Jio will offer the LTE over 800, 1800 and 2300 MHz frequency bands.

Reliance has already shook hands with Anil Ambani owned RCom in the 800 MHz space to offer more bandwidth for the 4G services.

With the LYF, Reliance will begin a direct competition with established players like Micromax, Xiaomi, Samsung and OnePlus. We do not have any information about the features and specs of the phones but we expect them to be entry-level to mid-range phones. As of now, we do not expect the LYF phones to offer high-end 4G LTE smartphones.

Source: Reliance to launch 'LYF' brand of smartphones | Business Standard News

Replies

• hafiztime
    hafiztime
    hmm nice how much price will be
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    hafiztime
    hmm nice how much price will be
    Pricing is not available yet. Expect the phones to be available in the Rs. 4000 to Rs. 20000 range.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the difference between inductance and induction?

Hi

My name is Chandan Nasta. I am from Mumbai. I came across this wonderful site of yours which has a lot of good information and I really liked it a...
Chinese multinational company Lenovo launched two Android tablets - Yoga Tab 3 and Tab 2 A7-20 in an event held on this Thursday. Although the Yoga Tab 3 was unveiled...
Hi Folks, sit back on your chairs. Here's a real life incident that has (is) happened to me. On October 5th evening, while making a call, my phone (Samsung Galaxy...