Reliance Freedom 999 Plan, Speed Review & Overall Feedback

Reliance Freedom 999 plan looks too good to be true. Reliance is offering 12 Mbps speed for up to 25 Gb of data and and post the data limit, the speed drops to 1 Mbps. So in real life, we can expect about 700 ~ 900 Kbps of actual download speeds until the data limit and ~90kbps post it. The overall plan is being offered for Rs. 999 per month.

The Contention Ratio as mentioned on the Reliance website is 1:1 for business users and 1:8 for home users. I guess it still beats the top selling BSNL broandban plan - Home Combo 1350; which offers 4 Mbps for up to 20 GB and then brings the speed down to 512 Kbps after the data usage limit.

I'm wondering whether anyone's tried the plan in your city. If yes, is the plan worth it? Please share your feedback and review of the plan.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I suggest you to go for BSNL, because I had very bad time with Reliance back then, I was using 3.1 MBps Netconnect+ & even with 94% of strength, I was never close to 2.0 MBps bandwidth speed ... I was always stucked somewhere around 1.3-1.7 MBps.
    On other hand, BSNL gives what they says, I am totally satisfied with BSNL right now, I have 500c plan with 2 MBps Night unlimited & it gives 240-258 KBps download speed means it's giving 100% of what it should 👍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    NetConnect was pain in the a$$. I used it for almost a year before giving up on it. Bad, they kept sending the bill even after I canceled it. It took a few 'hard' phone calls before they acknowledged their mistake and stopped sending the bill. I'm talking about Reliance wired broadband connection. My friend informed that the wired connection is superb and people are happy.

The only issue with BSNL is that they do not have anyone who can answer queries 'right away'. BSNL connection works fine, but when it refuses to; you're stuck in limbo. There's no one to help you or answer your questions. But I'm satisfied with the service.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    never used Reliance wired broadband so can't say anything. but will ask some of my friends (if they ever used it) 😀
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# are you from mumbai ? If yes, then you must try #-Link-Snipped-# ... its most promising ISP.
    I have found many nice reviews of Hathway in broadbandforum.in
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Troll_So_Hard
    #-Link-Snipped-# are you from mumbai ? If yes, then you must try #-Link-Snipped-# ... its most promising ISP.
    I have found many nice reviews of Hathway in broadbandforum.in
    Hathway is good and so is Tikona. I've even noticed a few 'local name' ISPs that offered super-cool speeds. In Hyderabad, there's #-Link-Snipped-# - that is kicking everyone's butt.

I wonder when will it all spread all over India 😁
  • Reliance Pro3
    Reliance Pro3
    I am using Reliance Pro3 #-Link-Snipped-# Mumbai, Truly Unlimited Plan Rs999/mthly rental. The said plan is for 14.7Mbps bandwidth.

In reality it never goes above 1.3Mbps, at times it even drops to 153kpbs at peak hrs, despite full network coverage. Reliance provides the dialer along with the USB Dongle, which also shows max 3.1Mbps despite full network coverage.

With 1:10 contention ratio for Home users ratio, you end up getting the bandwidth of 80kbps, the actual transfer rate is just arnd 7kbps.

The worst experience. All the complaints to the Customer Service & Appellate body goes in vain. They play with the English Language saying the plan says "UPTO 14.7Mbps."

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

so many controllers output is of 4 to 20 ma whearas some of them has 0 to 20 ma output why
The Independence Day of India, celebrated on 15 August, is a holiday commemorating India's independence from the British rule and its birth as a sovereign nation on 15 August 1947....
I am a final year mechanical engineering student busy with my design project.My project is about a battery powered screwdriver design.I am busy compiling my final report and i would...
Name:ASHISH ANKIT *Engineering Trade:E&C Location:BANGALORE *Occupation: Student Work Experience: *Hobbies & Interests: Reading novels & circuits. *Aim in life: A good engineer. *I joined CrazyEngineers because: To share my ideas...
Hi....some of the websites are blocked for students in my college, so i want to know is there any other means by which we can access the blocked sites!!