Reliance 4G - SMS Over LTE Testing To Begin Soon

Reliance 4G rollout all over India is expected in the first half of 2014 and Reliance Jio, the company specially formed to handle 4G services has obtained an approval from Department Of Telecommunication to test SMS over LTE. Reliance Jio is owned by Reliance Big Boss, Mr. Mukesh Ambani and recently obtained approval from DoT to test voice over LTE. According to a DoT document, SMS over LTE is an important feature to test voice over LTE.

4G

Reliance Jio is currently performing LTE tests in Mumbai, Delhi and Jamnagar and about 10,000 number approved by DoT. We also had reported that Reliance Jio engineers are already setting up the required infrastructure in Assam. Laying up optical fiber cables in Assam is already in progress.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Few days back CE had said about reliance to introduce 4g and this news had confirmed the fast phase working of reliance to compete airtel.
    Can it overtake Airtel?
    Waiting to hear from CEans::::::::
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Reliance has a big advantage that Airtel does not - Reliance Jio has nationwide 4G permission but Airtel's got it only in limited circles. Plus Reliance, being 'RELIANCE' has all the cash in the world to burn on capturing the markets. Airtel's game plan would be to capture as many people as they can and then drop the rates drastically as Reliance steps their foot in the arena.

That's why I said 4G wars will begin in the next year. I'm not sure how the fight will be because 4G requires special hardware. 4G's success in India will be purely defined by how cheap the hardware can go.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Airtel is launching 4G services in Delhi in the next few weeks. According to telecomtiger, Huawei is most likely to handle the overall rollout plan, design, supply and deploy Airtel's...
Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO of Amazon, will be purchasing popular newspaper The Washington Post for a whoping $250 million (£163m) along with several of its affiliations. That being said,...
A recent spy shot has revealed that Lamborghini has planned to replace Gallardo with Cabrera.We all knew about the legacy of Gallardo and it had a record sales of 13,000...
1. I am working on a project of Si NW synthesis. Its application is in solar cells. But recently i was informed that its use in solar cell is presently...
Google knows that Android users are super-busy that they'd need a quick access to specific apps right after the screen is unlocked. Maybe that's the reason it's applied to USPTO...