Regulator IC for both +3.3 and +5V

Hello everyone,

I'm working in circuit designing for a PCB. The circuit includes PIC24F series and other logic level IC's.

It is necessery to have both +5V and +3.3V in a same board.

Is there any regulator IC which can provide both +5V and +3.3V output?😕

Average voltage input for the regulator is 10Vdc.

Regards,
Karthik

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    hey why dont ya use IC7805 its an regulator IC providing constant 5Vdc...
  • mahul
    mahul
    Use LM317 IC's. Each IC is capable of generating a fixed voltage level. This means you can use two of them to generate two fixed voltage levels. But the adjoining circuitry is really simple so it won't take up much space.

For the#-Link-Snipped-# have a look
  • umashankar.s
    umashankar.s
    u can go ahead with lt1963 type regulators...
  • Karthik S
    Karthik S
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for your inputs..

The problem is solved. We decided to use MICREL regulator IC's for 3.3V and 5V.

Regards,
    Karthik.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, Actually i am new in networking and trying to do routing in a classless n/w with EIGRP. but not able to find the pcs in diffrent VLANs. Pls...
Hey everyone, I've come to realize that my true, deep down desire in life is mechanical engineering. I'm wanting to start out by making some small stuff here and there....
Let dive deeper into system sleep states S0, S1, S2, S3, S4, S5. Let us understand each state, why it is needed and the pros and cons of each state.
The man who revolutionized the whole personal computing era retired from Microsoft. Watch the video here: Bill Gates: Looking Back, Moving Ahead Good Bye, Bill!
hello everyone, since i am a crazy engineer so i had this crazy doubt that, If we have an insulted container having a gas like say helium(which is close to...