Regarding Content On CrazyEngineers

Dear CEans,

We've decided that from now on, we will delete the content; especially discussions, that provide no useful information or add value to CrazyEngineers. These would include (but not limited to)
  • Single line questions
  • Very basic questions for which answers can be found simply by referring to books or simple Google search
  • Questions that do not provide appropriate information; make lot of assumptions
We are doing this to maintain the quality of content on CrazyEngineers. If you have questions, please post them below.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We are doing this to maintain the quality of content on CrazyEngineers.
    Very sensible. Will reduce clutter and optimize responders' time.
    CEans may be loony, but certainly not frivolous.
    Starting now?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Nice move #-Link-Snipped-#. This was really necessary.
  • Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    OMG!!!Thats absolutely true..!! #-Link-Snipped-# I.even find some crazy crazy questions from some of our crazy engineers.!!! Dont want to be mean here but I find them hilarious sometimes.!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, ever since the beginning of CE; we thought we'd help everyone. But unfortunately, that's resulted into very low quality discussions here; which has repelled lot of our once active members. It's said; but true.

People who cannot take effort to ask questions do not deserve an answer or our time. It may sound harsh; but low quality discussions don't help anyone. For example, it'd be foolish to spend time answering one sentence questions like -

1. What are pointers in C? [Answer: Go read any C programming book or search on Google]

2. I'm 2014 passout, how to get job?

3. I want to start business. Please help.

and so on. We may even increase the minimum length of content required to make a post. We had done that in the past but decreased the limit after we got complaints from fellow members.

PS: I must mention one community that's created VERY useful content by being EXTREMELY STRICT about content: team-bhp.com. You have to actually 'apply' to get membership stating reasons you want to join them. If your answers please their moderators; ONLY THEN you are allowed to become a member.

The moderators will not tolerate SMS language or any post that adds little value. Result: They've built exceptionally good content about cars; which provides very good value to members and readers.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I agree with the quality content. Useless threads should be removed.
    But, I also point out we should not be too harsh or scold them. If I am not wrong, most user are from India. This whole internet thing is still in learning stage. We are going to face new users who are unfamiliar with internet forum.
    We should give a little bit of time to correct mistakes and improve them.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anoop Kumar
    But, I also point out we should not be too harsh or scold them
    We'll never be disrespectful or arrogant towards any of our members. That's our commitment to ourselves. The content that needs to be removed will be removed with a gentle reminder to the reader (available to the mods at the time of deletion of post), only visible to the thread owner.

We inform the right reasons for which we edited, deleted posts or threads in the best possible words.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A humble request to all the users of CrazyEngineers: Please do not copy anything from other websites and paste it on CrazyEngineers. We've been deleting posts that are simply copies of text taken from other websites.
  • Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    👍This'll make CE unique and better for SEO 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

electrical engineering graduate
Maruti Suzuki India Limited's hatchback WagonR is getting a new automatic transmission variant soon. The company recently revealed that following Celerio and Alto K10, its popular tall-boy WagonR is also...
XOLO has unveiled a new low-budget smartphone called 'Xolo Era HD' a smartphone with a 5 inch TruView HD IPS touch screen display with 294 PPI pixel density and 1280...
Hello CEan I am totally confused about fresherworld.com , should i upgrade my membership to premium? Suggestions?
Zero Reflex offers you a chance to convince your family that playing games is not a pure waste of time. The game developed by Croatian company Exordium Games will offer...