Reg: contactless sensors for liquids

hey all
i am was thinking about making a contact-less sensor to measure the amount of diesel in a open tank. i need a 0-10V DC input from the sensor so that i can take it to the PLC or any other things. i get the idea with the ball valve concept but to get the 0-10VDC calibrated is something i don't know. or is there any other simpler idea.
Kindly clarify

Replies

• chithrachennai
    chithrachennai
    u can use optical sensor but its lil costly... uv sensor is also there...
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Freescale semiconductors situated on the ring road between Marathhalli and KR Puram have a range of MEMS based pressure sensors. You can easily put together an PLC compatible system that can measure liquid level. I use them a lot for various biomedical applications.
    However, if you are considering for diesel I would design an indirect non invasive system using the same sensor but with an inert gas intermediate stage to avoid any fire hazard.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    thank you but for industrial harsh conditions and for diesel related issues, we would not go for MEMS, i think (or can we?)... but i am working on a DIY stuff for this.. will see if itworks out..
  • lal
    lal
    -deleted-

Reason: Replied without reading previous posts ๐Ÿ˜ came to know that I repeated the same thing said above.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    bobgalle
    thank you but for industrial harsh conditions and for diesel related issues, we would not go for MEMS, i think (or can we?)... but i am working on a DIY stuff for this.. will see if itworks out..
    I am currently using one of these for sensing steam pressure for a sterilizer. To avoid steam and condensate from reaching the sensor I have used a small diameter silicone rubber tube filled with silicone oil at the sensor end. No problem in the two years use so far.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, I want to know what is procedure to be followed to install c in windows 7. Is downloading it from internet effective?
Sushil Kumar, India - wins the Silver medal in men's 66 Kg Free style Wrestling. First indian wrestler to enter in finale of wrestling in Olympics, He gave a fight...
Hi guys, I wanted to do a paper presentation for an upcoming symposium but don't have any idea on how to do it .So I need some valid suggestion for...
What is the physical significance of a triple integral? What does it denote?
Talking about the power transmitting chains, which are connected to shafts using sprockets. what are the components that are included in a chain and how is it fabricated ? any...