Reg: Calculation for Diesel generator size

Dear All / Engineers,
I need to know what are the steps to follow to calculate the exact size for the diesel generator to be purchased for a load. For example take load as (1) 160KW motor - 2 nos. (2) 37KW motor - 4 nos (3) 90KW motor - 1 no (4) Lighting load - 3KW. The loads are arranged in order as they start and the lighting load will be switched on first like wise... You can email your concerns. My ID is <#-Link-Snipped-#>

Thanks in Advance,
Paramasivan TSP

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • paramasivan
    paramasivan
    Thanks, Sir.
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    paramasivan
    Dear All / Engineers,
    I need to know what are the steps to follow to calculate the exact size for the diesel generator to be purchased for a load. For example take load as (1) 160KW motor - 2 nos. (2) 37KW motor - 4 nos (3) 90KW motor - 1 no (4) Lighting load - 3KW. The loads are arranged in order as they start and the lighting load will be switched on first like wise... You can email your concerns. My ID is <#-Link-Snipped-#>

Thanks in Advance,
    Paramasivan TSP
    sir, first caluculate the total power consumed by your loads neede to be connected to generator add all the load powers and find the power factor(p.f) of the machines using V,I,P parameters and make an average p.f value then caluculate the total KVA needed to run the load then based on the final KVA value purchase a generator with 5-10% more value than the current value

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi kaustubh,i m having dought that is there equal priority between BE(COMP) and BE(E&TC) engineers during selection process for IT industry..???or is there first priority to BE(COMP)than BE(ETC)??because i seems...
Questions related to enginnering graphics/drawing of first year student who try to understand basics of subjects and facing difficulty to visualising objects or any kind related to orienraion of object...
we are going to start a group in our college(central university). this group is to unite all present an past ece students in our college. and to create a platform...
Went on a holiday trip with friends and clicked a lot of photos? Once back, everyone starts asking for sharing the bulk of photos via email or a Dropbox link....
Android 6.0 Marshmallow has been introduced and thousands are excited about the official roll out in India. Today, several blogs are reporting that the the latest iteration of Android may...