Refrigerants rule the world. Literaly,

Refrigerants rule the world. Literally,
Refrigeration is Gods gift to man. It is totally unnatural and a highly manipulated act
by man.Life as you know it would not be possible without the mastering of Thermodynamics.

Ok Chemical and mechanical engineers.
Why can I take a R22, mineral oil based refrigerant and replace the gas
with R404 which is a synthetic based oil refrigerant as defined by Dupont?

Well, it likes synthetic oil to move the oil through out the system to lube a
couple of valves down the line. (who cares)
Other than that it stays in the compressor where it should be not interfering
with the act of the refrigerant
boiling off in the evaporator.
I have it running WONDERFULLY in the field right now as we speak.
R404 is 25% of the cost of the
phased out (superior) refrigerant R22.

The refrigerating compressor is a reed type operation. Not like an automobile engine
where you have fixed valves with compression ratios. The compressor only
know amperage. Well structural effected but they are rugged.
I have seen compressors
run 24hrs a day for 30 yrs. (well they use to) With pretty much the same oil.

It's a sealed system. Heat is the killer. I always sub cool the return gas to the
point of injecting refrigerant right into the ass of the compressor. LOL.
They don't do that in the institutional world. WHY. Because everyone works
off of data of another person instead of setting up actual running models of their own
and creating their on experiences..
They live in a world of unreality for the most part. Even worse now that computer programs take the human brain out of the picture.

The world moves on costs of components. Old mass produced components can
be half the cost of the newly engineered components. To get the R&D
investment back the cost is built into the new product.
Just a lesson in applications engineering.
Think out of the box. Don't be scared to try something.
What's the worst.... it fails? So what.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Don Ross
    Think out of the box. Don't be scared to try something.
    Have a look at the Icy Ball non electric refrigerator. I made one in Pyrex glass that worked on solar heat back in '69.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    I studied it as one of my first projects on my blog and found it to complex for the average person to build. Nice though. Very creative. Do you have a simpler version I can play with? I even contacted the Crosley Icy Ball club lol Why don't you propose to bring it back as an alternate to the thermoelectric design?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One of the largest internet payment companies, PayPal, is also well known for providing point-of-sale (POS) solutions for small businesses. Three years ago, the company launched PayPal Here mobile payment...
Project Abstract / Summary : The popular decade counter (CD4017) with decoded outputs is used here as a sequence generator. As we need only 4 outputs, the 5th output is...
I have asked this before and was told the forum chat is temporarily disabled. Any updates as to what the status is now?
I may sound meaningless, but I have observed a strange thing which I want to share very eagerly. 😀 I cross almost 15+ signals driving bike to office to and...
Hi I am new to the forum. Iwas just passing by and decided to drop in and say Hi. I am interested in making model engines (steam and stirling). Is...