joe3204
joe3204
Branch Unspecified
27 Apr 2008

reduction gearbox design

i have to design a 2 stage reduction gearbox. helical gear to be used in the first stage and spur to be used in the second stage....

i need names of books which will help in doing the same. i have to design the gearbox and select the materials and everything..URGENT..

thanks in advance,
joe
krishnamachari

krishnamachari

Branch Unspecified
12 May 2008
use design data book for select the gear material, the teeth on gears are depends up on the design
joe3204

joe3204

Branch Unspecified
13 May 2008
thanks but i've already submitted my design...
gdh_ntsh

gdh_ntsh

Branch Unspecified
20 Jan 2010
hey, i have the same problem. i need to design a two stage reduction gear box with a ratio of atleast 10:1. the first stage has to be using helical gears, and second using spur gears. I need to decide the application, the material, size, module etc and calculate max load sustainable by the gearbox. i was thinking about grinding mills, but im not sure whether it requires a two stage gb or not. can anyone help me out?
Vega

Vega

Branch Unspecified
20 Jan 2010
We will help you here. You can refer Machine Design by B. U. Bhandari
gdh_ntsh

gdh_ntsh

Branch Unspecified
20 Jan 2010
B.U bhandari or V.B bhandari? i have machine design by V.B, but it doesnt have what i need. I failed to find an ebook on B.U, could you ple provide a link? thanx
Vega

Vega

Branch Unspecified
20 Jan 2010
huh, I am sorry. Then it might be what you said. I am getting too old to remember.
😀
gdh_ntsh

gdh_ntsh

Branch Unspecified
20 Jan 2010
thanx neway, i did some research and i think i will go with wind turbine gear box. It seems pretty straight forward and satisfies my conditions.
juma1987

juma1987

Branch Unspecified
20 Jan 2010
You can try Virgil M. Faires or Robert C. Juvinall, i personally prefer Juvinall
kriakkk

kriakkk

Branch Unspecified
22 May 2011
gdh_ntsh
thanx neway, i did some research and i think i will go with wind turbine gear box. It seems pretty straight forward and satisfies my conditions.
hi, may i know for wt application u need a gear box of gear ratio 1:10

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.