Reduce the Power consumption of a Desktop Monitor

Guys can you suggest any method or an appliance to reduce the Power consumption of a Desktop Monitor.

I think the Monitor really consumes quite some Power especially when the PC usage is continous for long hours. It does dig in to your pockets the most.

So can anyone suggest some efficient method or device or technique to reduce the Power consumption of a Desktop Monitor.

Any suggestion is welcome. So guys get started :smile:. Lets save some bucks!!

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Re: Power Consumption

The easiest way is to configure the settings (control panel) to put the monitor on standby more often. Secondly, lower the brightness down to tolerable levels. It'll take some time to get used to, but one gets used to it after a while ๐Ÿ˜€

But in terms of power consumption, assuming you have an LCD one, it doesn't suck up much power compared to the rest of your system. I feel reducing the power of the CPU, etc, is more important because those components are the ones that will be continuously running. Monitors can be switched off if you're running an background process such as a virus scan and so on.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved.
  • Rohan_sK
    Rohan_sK
    Hey Ash,

Thanks for answering.

I will certainly try out the brightness option and see the effect on my eyes ( I use 4, two original and other two of glass ;-) ).

But can you suggest something which can come handy even when you are actively using the PC for long hours. I mean stand by and switching Off the monitor can be an option only when you have some pasive processes running.

Also any suggestions for reducing the CPU consumption.

Any ways , how are your projects going on and didnt see you much these days on CE.

All the Best.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    No prob Rohan. Projects are killers as usual ๐Ÿ˜‰

Could you describe me your computer specs? There are software out there that are specific to underclocking modern CPUs. For older ones, the only way to do that is through BIOS.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how to get started on a research paper regarding a topic?๐Ÿ˜•
C++ coding to find free space in a given multibyte foldername Hi friends, Can any one help me to find out the C++ coding to find free space in a...
frankly speaking, I hate the noise of keystrokes. I was wondering if we can have the noise-less keyboards like that of a touch sensitive keyborad. though we have seen many...
CEan - CrazyBoy for - Colloquium: Virtualization in Software Testing - CrazyEngineers CrazyBoy's presentation style & content appealed the most to us. CrazyBoy was also the most active on the...
Announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/29988-colloquium-winner.html Congratulations, CB! ๐Ÿ˜€