Redbus Acquired By iBibo Group For Rs. 800 Crore!

With the founders left with < 15% stake in the company and investors controlling majority of stake; it seems to me like a win-win situation for everyone. The bus ticketing company started by Phani Sama and his friends got acquired by South Africa based Naspers group.

I'd have been happier had Redbus continued as an independent company (it will, even after the acquisition) but things will definitely not the same.

Contratulations to IBIBO and RedBus.

I hope the story will inspire engineering graduates to take up entrepreneurship and build companies!

Replies

• techlib
    techlib
    It is not a pleasant news for me, Kaustubh. I am a frequent traveler and heavily use redbus from beginning. The reason behind to stick with them is, redbus made in such a way, the customer can book the tickets in minimum time.

Hope the site will remain customer friendly for upcoming journeys.

Congratulations Sama and team, you guys did a great work providing such an intutive interface for solving a difficult task. I expect more innovative ideas like redbus from you and your team!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The site will remain independent, with the current management intact. So for the customers and end-users of the site; nothing changes. What changes is who owns and controls the decisions of the RedBus. I hope they won't mess it up.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now it has became very normal that before release of any APPLE product we gets tonnes of speculations and rumors. This time rumors are for next inline product for Apple...
What if there was a switch for friction and someone flipped that switch off? Can you imagine a world without friction? What would it be like? How would we adapt?...
Happy Days for consumers in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kolkata, West Bengal, Assam, North East, Bihar, and Orissa circles. Idea Cellular had decided to slash the 2G price by whopping 90%....
I have been a spidigo internet subscriber for 8 months now and using a broadband cable connection. I wanted to use mobile phone and a laptop through wireless medium hence...
I do not even remember that in last one year of so, how many mobile phones reviews I had read. Also, not sure which one is best out of the...