Ready to take up the Quiz???

1.He founded his company to transport supporters between different cities in UK.Who is

that in the picture??Which company is that??

[​IMG]

2.Deriving his name fron "Zingiber",this term has been in technological news.What word is that??

3.The following picture shows the person playing on which console??

[​IMG]

4.Which automobile brand is named after a Berber speaking tribe in Africa??

5.Identify this management guru!

[​IMG]

6.In the news logo,Identify??

[​IMG]

7.Identify the company that makes this device??What product is that??

[​IMG]

8.The dark blue background of the logo is known to designers as Pantone 294C.It is colloquially called as "Blue Oval".Which company's logo is being described??

9.For the first time over 50 yrs,this person's profession was chosen by the public.Over 5,00,000 votes were collated to select the 125th and 126th profession.Who is that person??

10.Identify this famous personality!

[​IMG]

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    1. Thomas Cook

2. Ginger Bread

I think the 3rd is Microsoft Kinect. (Just saw it's demo in college 😁 )
  • Reya
    Reya
    Awesome 😀All the answers are correct!keep going!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    1) Thomas Cook
    2) Gingerbread
    3) I initially thought it was Nintendo Wii. But after seeing the above reply, I'll go with Microsoft Kinect.
    4)
    5) Alvin Toffler
    6) It's the logo of Lavasa corporation, a unit of Hindustan Contruction Company
    7) It's Barnes and nobles' Nook ebbok reader
    8) The 'oval' gave it away.. It's Ford.

Question 9 is unclear.. I dont get it. pls explain what is expected.. That's all for now.. working on others.. 😀
  • Reya
    Reya
    Guys give the answers soon 😀

Waiting to post the next set of questions ;-)
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The fourth must be: Volkswagen Touareg.

@ss: You are fast! 😀
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Yup. correct!!

Missed it.. 😔
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Ram:You are rocking 😀

I should not have told the colloquial name for the 8th question 😔

9.This person's 125th and 126th career is decided based upon the votes that poured in from all over the world ;-)
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Ankita: You are right!

Only one question is left!Hurry up ceans 😀
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    hahaha..

The answer for question 9 is Barbie.. I didnt even know barbie had 124 different careers, before this.. lol.. 😀
  • Reya
    Reya
    @RAM: You are right 😀

sorry 10th question is left!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Give some clues for the 10th..
  • Reya
    Reya
    If i give the clue, within few secs you will find out the answer 😔
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    125th profession. My answer is 'Barbie'
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Ankita:You are rocking😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Posting this question on Praveena's behalf,

Following picture is the Home page of which apparel brand?

[​IMG]

• Reya
    Reya
    Lets see who answered for more no of questions!This question will decide though😉
  • Reya
    Reya
    There is a clue in the picture to find out the answer.You can find out the clue if you observe it keenly!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    10.Its simple.The last photo is of Stanley twin brother of Stanley steamers
  • Reya
    Reya
    Posting the next set of questions!

1.What connects and why??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2.Industrial Research Corporation is more than 4 decades old and they are engaged in the activities in the manufacturing and marketing of stationary products.Their main brand is synonymous with the particular product especially in the four southern states of India.Though the company is manufactured and known for its flagship brand they have diversified their range to stationery products.Name the flagshipbrand which is itchied in everybody's memories??

3. [​IMG]
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    1.Dilbet made garfield April fool!
    2.BRIL
    3.Journey Bombay to Goa
  • Reya
    Reya
    @ishutopre:Sorry you are wrong for the 10th and 3rd questions!

Rest 2 questions are correct!congrats!
  • Reya
    Reya
    @isutopre:Between which one you mentioned as 10th??Question posted by ankita??
  • Reya
    Reya
    4.It was founded by brand consultant in London 1995,which began as a radio show on GLR.What are we talking about??Who is that person??

5.The author is a social psychologist who is a professor and past chairman of the department of psychology at Cornell University.He is also a film maker.What is the tilte of his book??

6.In 2004,he went to harvard university to accept the lg nobel peace prize for his invention.His rendition "***" there earned a standing ovation.Mark Abraham indicated it was the longest standing ovation that the nobels had ever seen.Whom are we talking about??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Connect the above pictures??

8.Lacetti a professor of humanities at stevens Institute of technology predicted less chances of employment for the students due to lack of punctuation,grammer and numerous mis spellings in his essay named "The Lost art of writing".what was he talking about??
  • Reya
    Reya
    Clue for the 10th question is Indian Television Tie Up!
  • Reya
    Reya
    9.A world Buiding game which was conceived by iplay social was declared as the winning application amongst 100 applications submitted by developers across India.Who started this developer contest??

Here comes the picture of the Building game!

[​IMG]

10."The idea of turning the history of it into something that resembles an e-mail address absolutely beggars belief," said Mark Jensen.
    It broke the tradition of 117 years and still it annoys people. It is said they’ll keep it for this year and change it when they get the right offers.
    What are we talking about?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    4.It was founded by brand consultant in London 1995,which began as a radio show on GLR.What are we talking about??Who is that person??

answer 4:Marcel Knobil
  • Reya
    Reya
    You are right 😀
  • Reya
    Reya
    If you find the questions were difficult then i'm ready to give the clues 😀

Come on guys!
  • suyash
    suyash
    praveena211
    Posting the next set of questions!

1.What connects and why??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2.Industrial Research Corporation is more than 4 decades old and they are engaged in the activities in the manufacturing and marketing of stationary products.Their main brand is synonymous with the particular product especially in the four southern states of India.Though the company is manufactured and known for its flagship brand they have diversified their range to stationery products.Name the flagshipbrand which is itchied in everybody's memories??

3. [​IMG]
    1) The connect is Gmail.
    The gmail service before being bought by Google was being run through a website called garfield.com
    gmail was launched on 1st April 2004
    and the dilbert strip references to project caribou which was also the initial code name for gmail project uptake...

2) dont know

3) if you just want the car ssed in Ram Gopal Verma's Road, its Tata Safari ??
  • suyash
    suyash
    praveena211

5.The author is a social psychologist who is a professor and past chairman of the department of psychology at Cornell University.He is also a film maker.What is the tilte of his book??

6.In 2004,he went to harvard university to accept the lg nobel peace prize for his invention.His rendition "***" there earned a standing ovation.Mark Abraham indicated it was the longest standing ovation that the nobels had ever seen.Whom are we talking about??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Connect the above pictures??

8.Lacetti a professor of humanities at stevens Institute of technology predicted less chances of employment for the students due to lack of punctuation,grammer and numerous mis spellings in his essay named "The Lost art of writing".what was he talking about??
    4) dont know
    5) Dr James B. Maas - author of "Power Sleep"
    6) dont know
    7) The connect is "John Deere" , may I explain more ?
    8) he was talking about the modern short cut / sms lingo or internet lingo - words like lol, omg etc..
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Suyash:Wow! Superb 😀All the answers are correct!

9,10,2,4,6 questions are left!Do you want clues??
  • nehabatla
    nehabatla
    4. Superbrands founded by Marcel Knobil

6. I have heard of it... He's a Japanese businessman who invented a machine or instrument related to music, i guess

He is Diasuke Inoue ( Sorry for the spelling mistakes, if any)

9. Is it Grabbler
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    nehabatla
    4. Superbrands founded by Marcel Knobil

6. I have heard of it... He's a Japanese businessman who invented a machine or instrument related to music, i guess

He is Diasuke Inoue ( Sorry for the spelling mistakes, if any)

9. Is it Grabbler
    Good! your 4th and 6th answers are correct. 😀
    But 9th one is incorrect! Check it once!
  • Reya
    Reya
    Guys 9th and 10th questions are left!Hurry up 😀

@neha: Grabbler is the name of the game!Who started the developer contest??

10th question is left in both set of questions!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    9. Grabbler
    10. Is it Letter? or may be Postal stamps?
  • Reya
    Reya
    The picture i posted is the grabbler game.My question is who started the developer contest??

10th question is left answered for both set of questions.Which one are you speaking about??
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    10."The idea of turning the history of it into something that resembles an e-mail address absolutely beggars belief," said Mark Jensen.
    It broke the tradition of 117 years and still it annoys people. It is said they’ll keep it for this year and change it when they get the right offers.
    What are we talking about?

ans:We are talking about Postal stamps or letters.Because by using e-mails we can write letters.While some people think that they can cherish letters but e-mails does not give them that happiness so they are unhappy.

Am I right?
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    2nd set 10th answer :Newcastle United naming their stadium temporarily as the Sportsdirect.com @ St James' Park Stadium , in order to advertise a future stadium sponsorship package. Sportswear retailer Sports Direct is controlled by controversial Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, who has said he is committed to the club after failing to find anyone prepared to meet his 80 million pounds asking price.
  • Reya
    Reya
    You are right dileep 😀Congrats!
  • Reya
    Reya
    9th and 10th question in first set is left out!

I have given the clue for 10th question!
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    any clue for 10th question in the first set or even the first letter
  • Reya
    Reya
    Indian television tieup is the clue for 10th quest!

Another clue:They are related to NDTV!
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    another clue praveena 😛
  • slugger
    slugger
    1st Set of Questions

Auguste And Louis Lumi%C3%A8Re

BTW, you have framed your question wrong - they are two of them
  • slugger
    slugger
    praveena211
    9.For the first time over 50 yrs,this person's profession was chosen by the public.Over 5,00,000 votes were collated to select the 125th and 126th profession.Who is that person??
    praveena211
    9th and 10th question in first set is left out!
    How come? Somebody did answer Barbie.
    The Vote Is In: Barbie® Unveils Her 125th and 126th Careers - YouTube

For the 9th question of the second set

9.A world Buiding game which was conceived by iplay social was declared as the winning application amongst 100 applications submitted by developers across India.Who started this developer contest??
    Answer: Facebook
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    slugger
    1st Set of Questions

Auguste And Louis Lumi%C3%A8Re

BTW, you have framed your question wrong - they are two of them
    The link doesn't work, working link: Auguste And Louis Lumi%C3%A8Re
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Slugger:You are right 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Thanks to CEan ishutopre, we got a scanned copy of GATE 2011 Questions for Mechanical Engineering students. Feel free to discuss answers to all these questions.
Hello all, I want to discuss about the origin of video games.I hope this topic is of electronics. So it was in the year 1983,when the video game market was...
Hi friends, Ever wondered about solid state welding? Well there are in principle three types of solid state weldings: 1.DIFFUSION WELDING: In this process,the two surfaces are made to come...
sir i am an electronics and communication student and have to do summer training after 2nd year. Please suggest me the topics in which the training will be beneficial for...
Discuss your answers here! 1.The closest meaning of the word EXHORT is a) Urge b) restrain c) condemn d) scold 2. PREAMBLE: CONSTITUTION a) Amendment: Law b) Prologue: Play c)...