Reading PCB

I had got an mp3 player but now it isn't working .
i had just opened it & got screwed.......and don't know how to understand that...
.now that has a rechargeable battery & i want to use that so how to seperate it from the circuit or any other component

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Just try to do Reverse Engineering and make one Circuit if it is ready then you might get clear that ok this portion may be for Rechargable battery normally there are very less component used in the circuit for rechargeable battery.

or post it here i will try to do something if possible.
  • TARANJEET SINGH
    TARANJEET SINGH
    i can't get it ¿ 😕
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    i had just opened it & got screwed
    Lucky bugger
  • TARANJEET SINGH
    TARANJEET SINGH
    any other ideas ???
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    What are you trying to do? Remove the battery? Just take it out!
  • TARANJEET SINGH
    TARANJEET SINGH
    i don't think that just taking the battery out will be sufficient.I don't want to make it a show piece as i want to charge it(& of course it is chargeable) so you can't just plug the terminals of the battery into 220 volt line, isn't it. And moreover i'm not just talking about this PCB.There are many more i had got.I just want to know how to read the PCB
    Thanks in advance...
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    Taranjeet
    Explain to me nicely. Do you want to build a charger?
  • TARANJEET SINGH
    TARANJEET SINGH
    yes you can say that (for now at least).The battery is attached to port which charges when i connect it to computer or power.
    how is it done ¿
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Let us know which type of battery it is? NiCd or any other?

Many different types of Battery Charger circuit are available try anyone of them.
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    If you want to build a charger because you are curious then this is easy to do but if you just need a charger then you should buy one.
    Remember that a simple charge could over-charge the battery unless you add a comparator
    First you need to create impedance in the AC circuit or else you will need a big resistor and you will use a lot of power. So, use a capacitor
    Then rectify the AC to DC. You can use a simple bridge rectifier or you can make one with 4 diodes
    The rectified current is now DC but high voltage (remember that the AC feed is RMS)
    Take that current over a resistor to reduce the voltage and then use a zener to control the voltage at a set point. Remember that zeners go back-to-front because they have a breakdown voltage
    Use a cap to smooth the DC circuit
    The circuit is grounded. Check it out before you start. I blew a few resistors before I understood what 'ground' is 😀
    Peace
  • TARANJEET SINGH
    TARANJEET SINGH
    got it all, thanks ,but can you tell me the use of zener diode.i know about breakdown voltage but why use zener. ¿¿¿
    thanks again
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    Think about it 😉 then tell me
    What would happen if the draw current increases over a resistor? Hint: V = IR
    More precisely dV = R dI
  • Muffy
    Muffy
    Laughing Out Loud !!!
    Voltaire
    Lucky bugger

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Friends, I want to know, how to recieve sms from gsm modem and store it in database (SQL, or other).Could anybody help me on this subject?? (Urgent)..Thank you in...
The 65 year young CEO and founder of Oracle corporation earned $1.84 billion in Salary over the last decade and is the highest paid CEO of the decade. Mr. Ellison,...
Hi I am a final year Electronics and telecom student . I want to do some biomedical project that also uses some communication thing. Need suggestions regarding topics . All...
Hello All, Very excited about this place to get feedback, knowledge, and your unbias engineering voice in regards to my engineering video game for students. My name is Ray Shingler,...
I am planing to do the project for my final year on auto irrigation and crop management i need to use more than six sensors and display etc which micro...