Reactive Circuits - Please help

Hi there,

I've been having a bit of trouble with a couple of questions on reactive circuits, and am a bit stuck now. The question Im stuck on is below, and I would appreciate any help very much!

[​IMG]
(a) Calculate the phasor voltage of the voltage source and the phasor current of the current source in both Cartesian and Polar coordinates. Use peak values when calculating the phasors.

(b) What are the phasor voltage and impedance of the Thevenin equivalent circuit of the power supply? (Use peak values for the voltages and currents in your calculation)

(c) What are the phasor current and impedance of the Norton equivalent circuit of the power supply? (Use peak values for the voltages and currents in your calculation)

(d) At what frequency should the circuit operate for the current flowing through the load and the voltage across it to be in phase?

(e) It is known that for a different load the voltage and current across the load are 240cos(ωot+45°) V and 4cos(ωot+60°) A, respectively. How much power is dissipated in that load?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

MIT’s electrical engineering and computer science department has developed a machine learning program that screens large chunks of patches belonging to open source software repositories in order to develop a...
Quote: "I think we're going to try to do something more radical," says Elon Musk, creator of Tesla Motors, whose charging stations will power your Tesla for free, forever. This...
After successfully launching the Le 1S and the Le Max smartphones, LeEco is set to introduce Smart TVs and VR devices in India. LeEco, previously known Letv, has managed to...
By taking cue from the developments in quantum computing of the 20th century to build a quantum light that could better today's internet security technologies, the scientists from Stanford University...
Quote: If you search for good DIY solar power project for your home there are thousands available on internet. Some of them are very complex and require special tools or...