RAPID PROTOTYPING IN MEDICAL FIELD

Project Abstract / Summary : P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; direction: ltr; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); widows: 2; orphans: 2; }P.ctl { }A:link { color: rgb(0, 0, 255); }

Now a days, one of the critical factors in competitive technology is “time to market” along with full proof design. This critical factor indicates the entire product design cycle from concept to product design to prototype to manufacturing process design to actual implementation. To have command over this critical factor Computer aided designing (CAD) and manufacturing (CAM) is taking hold as a mean of speeding the time to market for new product development. The CAD approach is used in Rapid Prototyping techniques (RPT) for design and development of new products. Use of this CAD techniques in RPT techniques shorten the time to market and further for research and development of time of new products. In this paper we are going to discuss about the conversion of CT scan or MRI results which are taken as input and then converted in to CAD file then analyze those files with the help of CAM software then producing that product with rapid prototyping.

Rapid Prototype is an innovative technology that has evolved within the design and manufacturing industries. In medical field the use of RP technology coupled with the other techniques has led to improvement in services offered to patients by improvement in such areas as 3D visualization of a specific anatomy, surgical planning, implant design, prosthesis production, and polymeric drug delivery devices. In this paper we review the current technologies available in RPT and its application in different fields of medicine. These technologies are able to produce a physical model of the anatomic structures. This model is very useful for diagnosis, surgery planning, training, and for design and manufacture of the custom implants & we are also going to discuss about the rapid prototyping techniques.

The most interesting and challenging applications of rapid prototyping technologies are in the field of medicine. This paper is based on the results following a 12 months National Health Service Executive research project to assess the feasibility of using rapid prototype medical models. Case studies of patient’s data acquired from five London hospitals. Future developments are discussed and conclusions about the use of medical models are made. This paper explores and presents the procedure for making medical models using RP, medical rapid prototyping technologies application in different fields of medicine and the future trends in this area.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : BEING AN ENGINEER MY RESPONSIBILITY IS TO DO SOMETHING FOR MANKIND, I WALKED IN TO ENGINEERING WITH THAT PASSION, WE HAVE SEEN A LOTS OF DEVELOPMENTS IN LAST FEW DECADES, WE HUMANS PROVED THAT WE CAN DO MIRACLES, WE CAN OPERATE A ROVER IN MARS BY SITTING HERE, WE HAVE SEEN A LOTS OF ADVANCEMENTS IN TECHNOLOGY, WE INVENT ALL THIS FOR HUMANS SACK, BUT WHAT IF HUMANS ARE NOT ABLE TO TAKE OR UTILIZE THESE SOURCES DUE SOME DISABILITIES?? SO I STARTED THINKING THAT DISABILITIES WOULD NO LONGER A REASON FOR HUMANS TO SUFFER, SO I HAVE CHOSEN THIS PROJECT TO IMPLANT HUMAN ORGANS AND PARTS BY PROTOTYPING OR MANUFACTURING BY USING 3D PRINTING TECHNOLOGY.

Project Highlights : WHETHER YOU HAVE MARUTHI OR BMW THE ROAD REMAINS THE SAME, WHETHER YOU TRAVEL A ECONOMY CLASS OR BUSINESS, YOUR DESTINATION DOESN'T CHANGE.WHETHER YOU HAVE TITAN OR ROLEX THE TIME IS SMAE. WHETHER YOU HAVE APPLE, SAM SUNG OR LAVA, PEOPLE WHO CALLS YOU REMAINS THE SAME. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN DREAMING NEW THINGS AND NEW FACILITIES AND TECHNOLOGIES, BUT HUMAN ITSELF IS AN IMPORTANT THING , MY PROJECT IS FOR THE SACK OF HUMANS AND THE MOST COSTLIEST MACHINE HUMAN BODY. SO I THINK MY PROJECT WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST ONE.

Project Category : Mechanical / Automobile / Aeronautical
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: VR SIDDHARTHA ENGINEERING COLLEGE
City: VIJAYAWADA
State: ANDHRA PRADESH
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : India has prolifically grown in race of adopting modern technologies. The evolution of internet of things has made possible to change the way of health...
Project Abstract / Summary : p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; direction: ltr; color: rgb(0, 0, 10); line-height: 120%; text-align: left; widows: 2; orphans: 2; }p.western { font-family: "Calibri",serif; font-size: 11pt; }p.cjk...
Project Abstract / Summary : The use of QR code-based technologies and applications has become prevalent in recent years where QR codes are accepted to be a practical and intriguing...
Project Abstract / Summary : Advancement of technology has made our life simpler where everything is available at our fingertips. Controlling home appliances using an Android phone gives users the...
Project Abstract / Summary : The aim of the project is to enhance the efficiency of cooking fuel utility in the domestic field, in a secured way. It aims at...