Random Sampling Probability Puzzle

A random sample of 200 adults is classified is below according to gender and level of education attained

[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR]
[TD]Education[/TD]
[TD]Male[/TD]
[TD]Female[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Elementary[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]45[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Secondary[/TD]
[TD]28[/TD]
[TD]50[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]College[/TD]
[TD]22[/TD]
[TD]17[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

If a person is selected at random from this group, find the probability that-
  1. The person is male provided given that the person has secondary education
  2. The person does not have a college degree, given that the person is a female.

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    O.36 and 0.85?
  • Reya
    Reya
    Method:

M-a person is a male
    S-a person has a secondary education
    C-a person has a college degree

a)P(M/S)=28/78
    b)P(C'/M')=95/112
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Reya
    Method:

M-a person is a male
    S-a person has a secondary education
    C-a person has a college degree

a)P(M/S)=28/78
    b)P(C'/M')=95/112
    even i'm getting the same answer! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Know Your Indexin'gg' gaurav !! [FONT=&]Hello CEans,Crazyengineers comes up with one more awesome interview ,a student of mechanical engineer by trade,who joined the CE wagon a long back ,and now...
9/11 was known all over the world. For the 10 th anniversary of 9 / 11, is a tribute to a girl who lost her father.But she does not know...
Hi all, I am a 4th year civil engineering student currently undertaking my Thesis at a coal mine in Central Queensland, Australia. The aim of my thesis is to provide...
[source:Mtech Project List and Topics on Image Processing Pattern Recognition] 1. TRAFFIC JAM DETECTION ON CROSSING JUNCTION BY GRADIENT BASED FOREGROUND AND BACKGROUND CLASSIFICATION 2.ROI Image Compression 3.Sign Language Detection...
i'm sandeep jst jioned this community working in amnc on embedded system. If any of u have any idea about interfacing of various components in smart serial adapter den plz...