Rack and Pinion Steering System Design

I have the following questions
How to calculate the required rack travel ?
How to do the steering design ? (Rack and Pinion)

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Please give more details Or better refer the SAE Data book
  • iamamechie
    iamamechie
    I have to design a sttering system for a Simple Go-Kart type car. I know the track width, Wheel Base, Turning Radius.
    I have to find out the rack travel required and based on that the number of teeth on Pinion and the dimensions of both rack and pinion.
    I wanted to know the standard procedure for doing it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Following are the screenshots of Google's upcoming iteration, Android L. Pictures are blatantly copied from Anandtech, all credits go to them. Applaud 'em. ​
Instead of offering one paid app for free for each day, Amazon has gone all out and launched its "Epic Summer App Bundle” promotion in which users can download $100...
I've got 425 rank on (A+B+C). and there are 357 people above me for DESD. my questions are: Which is the best center to do DESD(considering placement)?. Will I get...
The First name Introduced as "DAIMLER BENZ"👍.The brand makes the car as special "Mercedes Benz".it was founded 88yrs ago(june28,1926)👎.The founder (KARL BENZ&PAUL DAIMLER) who introduced many products are AUTOMOBILES,TRUCKS,BUSES,IC ENGINES,LUXURY...
Does anybody Django here? I need help!