R.I.P. Doug Engelbart, Inventor of the ubiquitous Computer Mouse

Doug Engelbart, inventor of the mouse and much else besides passed away peacefully at 88.

Computer mouse inventor Doug Engelbart dies at 88 - BBC News

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    R.I.P Doug Engelbart.

How the computer mouse got its name is interesting.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    But the mouse died a long time before Engelbart, didn't it ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    zaveri
    But the mouse died a long time before Engelbart, didn't it ?
    I doubt the mouse is dying anytime soon. As long as desktops are there, mouse will continue. I think the mouse will be replaced by the trackpads though.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Am using one right now. Always do. People, who have had strokes or have mild Parkinsonianism or other other such disability still need ahardware like mouse to navigate.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I doubt the mouse is dying anytime soon. As long as desktops are there, mouse will continue. I think the mouse will be replaced by the trackpads though.

what i meant to say was, that the ball- mouse has long been replaced by the optical mouse.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi my field is CS,can anyone help me choose favorite subject for campus interviews!!
Hi guys, I have added about 8 resources on QTP. Most of them are detailed presentations on topics. Please ask all the questions related here. So that I will be...
German website Computerbase has leaked the official AMD 2013 (i.e Steamroller) roadmap.We know that at CES showed the roadmap with steamroller based Kaveri APU mentioned with year 2013. ​ ​Tebash...
Drone It Yourself kit allows you to turn your computer keyboard, telephone, physics book, iPad 2 and Beatles DVD into a flying RC drone. Yep - you read that right!...
Is there any headphone or headset that pause music at any device when removed from ear.😒 Now a days ear phones have advancement in technology like controlling everything in a...