Questions You Want On The FAQ Page

So, we are soon launching a dedicated FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page on the CE Menu bar.
Apart from the obvious questions that are answered here -
#-Link-Snipped-#
i.e. the basics : How-to-post, how-to-start-converstation, how-to-upload-image etc.

We would like to know what other things do you think are the absolutely important questions that should be answered on this page, so that it becomes handy for new and revisiting users.

Please share your questions, we will put up the answers in a nice & simple format and display it soon.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tagging some people because this is important and I need your feedback.

#-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Ankita Katdare
    Tagging some people because this is important and I need your feedback.

#-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    Tell us a bit about what all content you have already selected for FAQ
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Anoop Mathew
    Tell us a bit about what all content you have already selected for FAQ
    Yup, What all the contents you have selected for the FAQ?

Just a pointer that having FAQ, section wise would be helpful.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yeah ankita
    you had already quoted faq.
    Many of them (new users) werent sure about CEom which is still present but we dont get high applicants as you had removed the flashing CEom app icon.
    Please bring back it in home page.
    Other than that i dont find any problems.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I wrote the general idea in the first post. #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#

General Questions will be as follows -

How To Post On New CE Forums?
    Trophy System On CrazyEngineers
    How To Upload / Attach Images To Your Post - Quick Tutorial
    Watched What Are 'Watched Threads'? How To Use This Option?
    How to use the Report Option?
    How to Add POLL in your Discussion?
    How to Upload Avatar? - Guide Explaining it.
    How To Use 'Reply With Quote' Option?

etc.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    One from my side:-

Can I change my username?
  • lal
    lal
    CrazyEngineers tree - showing all sections and subsections and a single line description of each. Including even Voice, Projects, Downloads and CEoM.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    A section on what/what not can be asked may be useful.

Simple home work type of questions can be avoided (unless CE wants to open a 'Home work' section). Asking for help with term end projects already underway or even for what project to do can be done provided full details of the team involved, institution, budget and time are given in addition to at least broad areas of interest.

If one is employed and is stuck in some technical issues that may be put up so long as there are no IPR or confidentiality issues are involved.

A disclaimer that all suggestions made are given in good faith by the posters, whose sole opinion it is and not endorsed by CE may be added at the beginning.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    A list of DOs and DON'Ts would be cool. Not everyone opts for the FAQ page.

Sitemap:
    Also instead of just FAQ, a site map with a little imagery would be cool along with a little description.
    Eg: Take a screen shot of all important areas of the website (home, community, projects and other pages) and just using arrows and text boxes add a one or two liner description describing each section.

Site Tour:
    Do the same also for the mobile version of the website. Then simply link these images (around 20 screen shots I hope) into a small intro video saying 'Site tour of CE' and you can link it to the new users. - there'd be less questions after that.

If it's just FAQ mentioning the name of each section, the next question would be where would I find that so and so section.
    Eg: Watched threads. Or Start new Discussion from a mobile.

This would benefit for forum first comers to understand general forum scenario better. And we need more first comers. :-D
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    We can add more like :
    What is the aim of this site?
    How to get CE mail ID?
    Why I should have my "Real" name on CE?

and as lal mentioned a site tree would be good along with the questions others suggested.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How can I use/benefit from this site? - One of the most frequently asked questions.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thank you for your valuable suggestions, everyone! πŸ˜€

We hope to go live with the FAQ page as soon as possible.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here are the points that are being included for now -

How To Post On New CE Forums?
    How To Upload / Attach Images To Your Post - Quick Tutorial
    How To Use 'Watched Threads' Option?
    How to use the Report Option?
    How to Add POLL in your Discussion?
    How to Upload Avatar? - Guide Explaining it.
    How To Use 'Reply With Quote' Option?
    How to become a moderator?
    How to start a conversation?
    How to use the 'search' feature on CE?
    How to post something on each other's profile?
    How can I benefit from this site?
    How to get CE mail ID?
    How to upload a file in Download section?
    How to add a project?
    How to advertise on CrazyEngineers?
    How to become a VoiCE author?
    How to subscribe tags?

What is CrazyEngineers all about?
    What is CE Culture & Philosophy?
    What is VoiCE?
    What is SmallTalk?
    What is Trophy System On CrazyEngineers?
    What is CrazyEngineers Forum structure?

Why is the theme Γ’€˜redΓ’€™?
    Why can't I upload images?
    Why I should have my "Real" name on CE?
    Why..

-------------------------------------
    If anyone has any suggestions please reply ASAP.

Tagging a few people #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#

Are there any questions you've had that in the past that can be included in the FAQ list?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# so far seems we have covered all the main points. πŸ‘
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Note about CEom missing ?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ^ That shall be added once we relaunch the CEoM app. πŸ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Ankita Katdare
    ^ That shall be added once we relaunch the CEoM app. πŸ˜€
    Relaunch? Isn't it working....?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Sanyam Khurana
    Relaunch? Isn't it working....?
    revive is the better word. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Ankita Katdare
    revive is the better word. #-Link-Snipped-#
    Yeah, because I saw it working, but no announcement about it from months, never the less, I hope we get some quality content. πŸ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Just a thought, what about having "Custom User Titles" for users, and may be some badges?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    - What type of books I can upload in Downloads section ? (What I mean is, Copyrights=Nah!, GPL,OpenLicensed,CC=Aye!)
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Few questions that came across my mind and I couldn't find them in the list.

How to manage alerts?
    How to manage Email-notifications?
    How to share the CE page on social media?
    How to manage privacy?
    How to Tag someone on CE?
    How and when CE allows to add signature?
    How can I upload / download a resource?
    How to partner with CE for the media events?
    What do we mean by follow / ignore people on CE and how to do that?
    What all sections have special privilege (Eg. Announcement section doesn't allow upload pic to normal user)?
    What is difference between like / dislike / Agree and information; and when to use them?
    What do we mean by trending and how it works?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Simply superb! πŸ˜€ I will add few of them right away.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

LG G Pro 2 is now in India. Amidst a lot of expectations and speculations, the smartphone cum phablet has entered an over-crowded Android phone market in India at a...
MoFirst Solutions Ltd., a company formed by three IIT graduates (Rakesh Deshmukh, Akash Dongre and Sudhir Bangarambandi,, has launched a new smartphone called "Firstouch" that lets a user translate all...
University of Glasgow has an Indian-origin researcher Dr. Ravinder Dahiya, a professor of electronic and nanoscale engineering, now working on making robots more touchy-feely than ever before. Imagine the future...
Hi CEans. I am requesting all of you to share your thoughts on linkedin. I initially registered for it as my ffriends registered without knowing the function and utility of...
I am a simple man with very small dreams. I love electricity and current, i need the experience of the fellow CEans to improve my knowledge more. Hope it would...