Questions in computer networking.

Hello friend's,
Currently i collect some knowledge about computer network.
i have some questions that i want to share with you.

1.what process is to be done to connect two computers ?

2.when two computer is said to be connected ?

3.Is there any necessary condition to follow before establishing connection between computer ?

anyone have some idea about these questions.
๐Ÿ˜’

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    There are many ways

one way is to use one crossover cable ,insert it into ethernet port of both computers
    and your computers are connected

.Is there any necessary condition to follow before establishing connection between computer ?
    i don't think so

Make sure your cable is perfect ,you have used only cross over cable ,you can't use straight cable for this
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    goyal420
    There are many ways

one way is to use one crossover cable ,insert it into ethernet port of both computers
    and your computers are connected
    no no goyal i mean to say that is there any involvement of flag,matching of protocol address etc.
    i don,t mean to say that how two computers are connected physically.

goyal420
    i don't think so

Make sure your cable is perfect ,you have used only cross over cable ,you can't use straight cable for this
    i mean to say that is it necessary to have the same protocol for establishing the connection between two or more computers.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    no no goyal i mean to say that is there any involvement of flag,matching of protocol address etc.
    i don,t mean to say that how two computers are connected physically.
    I don't know about any involvement of flag
    Up to which i know only work group of both computers should be same and both computers should have different IP address
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    mohit007kumar00
    Hello friend's,
    Currently i collect some knowledge about computer network.
    i have some questions that i want to share with you.

3.Is there any necessary condition to follow before establishing connection between computer ?

anyone have some idea about these questions.
    ๐Ÿ˜’
    Install Lan Adapters and use T1 Cable to connect them first. I hope you use Windows OS so you can easily get that connected by enabling your Lan

Just when the an network(exchange of information between the machine or the master and slave takes place)

To get that successful data transferred you need the DNS and your IP must be configured. basically they must have same DNS in order to share data ๐Ÿ˜€
    Since i use NetGear WiFi Router in Home to share data i really forgot to connecting using hardware cables ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Generally for reliable connectivity, handshaking is done between two computers before they are "connected". There are many handshaking protocols that uses different parameters. The gist is, the first computer contacts the second one along with some basic info (such as its identity, type of data it wants to send, how it will send, how fast) then the second one responds appropriately, whether to tell the first one to go ahead or refuse, and so on.

However, handshaking process can range from simple to complicated depending on security requirements. You'll obviously need authentication and encryption if you are accessing a secured node.

i mean to say that is it necessary to have the same protocol for establishing the connection between two or more computers.
    Yes for direct connections, though there are some instances where protocols can be converted using a middle man in between.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    A good thanks to you ash.
    That's the answer i want.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello sir, One thing that i notice on CE there is no any tutorial section. I always search on google for this but you know while i found any problem...
Hello friend's, I wnat to know that is it possible to two people can have the same internet protocol(ip) address.
hello, can anyone from CE would like to tell me regarding wok culture in a BPO company like HCL BPO. And career growth prospects in a BPO company. Whether its...
Can anyone tell me what to prepare for the interview of technical support officer post? Please tell me where I can find contents to prepare for such interview at fresher/entry...
Hi guys! This is my special post as I completed 1 year as a CEan. ๐Ÿ˜€ I've joined CE on July 9th, 2009. I completed 1 year journey in our...