Questions asked in HR interviews

Lets join all together the questions asked in HR interviews.

Q: Tell me about yourself

The most often asked question in interviews. You need to have a short
statement prepared in your mind. Be careful that it does not sound
rehearsed. Limit it to work-related items unless instructed otherwise.
Talk about things you have done and jobs you have held that relate to
the position you are interviewing for. Start with the item farthest
back and work up to the present.

Looking for more.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Only one message - Be Yourself in any interview. It so uncool to pretend to be someone else.

There are few typical questions an HR Head will ask -

1. Why do you want to join ?
    2. What are your strengths?
    3. What are your weaknesses?
    4. What is your biggest achievement in life?

-The Big K-
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    Very Imp Questions asked in HR interviews

How could we forget the most favourite question of every HR head!

Where do you see yourself in next 5yrs? 😀 😁 😀 OH my! I see myself on earth probably the middle part of the world doing something every second!😁
  • aashima
    aashima
    Re: Very Imp Questions asked in HR interviews

integratdbrains

Where do you see yourself in next 5yrs? 😀 😁 😀 OH my! I see myself on earth probably the middle part of the world doing something every second!😁
    Do you really think that this reply can work? Well am still wondering!! 😉
    Anyways, apart from these there could be general questions on the hobbies listed in your CV or they could probably give you a certain situation, and then ask you for a suitable solution out.

Like for example, one of my friends' was asked "Suppose you are the Team Leader and there is a serious problem and arguement going on among your team members. Everyone is shouting with his/her distinct views. Now what will be your strategy to tackle the situation and the chaos?"

I have my own answer and that perhaps would match with many of the CEans, but still lets see.
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    Hey aashima I have a habit of typing comments without brackets or quotes thats why probably you took it as my answer! And if it were to be taken up as an answer 'No, it won't work and my advice to you never try it!! 😀 😁' (mark the quotes and the brackets plz!) 😀 😁
  • Neha
    Neha
    What would be your reply to thge question:

"Do you think that a career with the company will aid in meeting your aims?"

Lets answer and see which one is the best!!
  • aditi
    aditi

integratdbrains

i have read answer to this question somewhere.and it was...
    Reassure your interviewer that you’re looking to make a long-term commitment…that this position entails exactly what you’re looking to do and what you do extremely well. As for your future, you believe that if you perform each job at hand with excellence, future opportunities will take care of themselves.
    example:I am definitely interested in making a long-term commitment to my next position. Judging by what you’ve told me about this position, it’s exactly what I’m looking for and what I am very well qualified to do. In terms of my future career path, I’m confident that if I do my work with excellence, opportunities will inevitable open up for me. It’s always been that way in my career, and I’m confident I’ll have similar opportunities here.”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

aditi
    i have read answer to this question somewhere.and it was...
    Reassure your interviewer that you’re looking to make a long-term commitment…that this position entails exactly what you’re looking to do and what you do extremely well. As for your future, you believe that if you perform each job at hand with excellence, future opportunities will take care of themselves.
    example:I am definitely interested in making a long-term commitment to my next position. Judging by what you’ve told me about this position, it’s exactly what I’m looking for and what I am very well qualified to do. In terms of my future career path, I’m confident that if I do my work with excellence, opportunities will inevitable open up for me. It’s always been that way in my career, and I’m confident I’ll have similar opportunities here.”
    Control Yourself!

That's so bookish! Don't sound like 'everyone else'. I suggest that one should have his/her own answer to most commonly asked questions. Remember, 'Be Yourself!' - it covers everything.

Above all, do not lie to the interviewer or cheat the company you are applying to!

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    Well thats true! And not to forget that body language and communication skills also play a major part in campus interviews. And it even can surpass ones other negative points. So major emphasis should be laid excel in these areas.
  • aditi
    aditi

The_Big_K
    Control Yourself!

That's so bookish! Don't sound like 'everyone else'. I suggest that one should have his/her own answer to most commonly asked questions. Remember, 'Be Yourself!' - it covers everything.

Above all, do not lie to the interviewer or cheat the company you are applying to!

-The Big K-
    i totally agree with u.i have already mentioned that i have read it somewhere and pasted it from there only.but the question is in most of the books which are meant for preparation for HR interviews and on net also the answer to these kind of questions are given like this only.so it means we should not prefer them and give the answers of our own.is this right? and will it work?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

aditi
    i totally agree with u.i have already mentioned that i have read it somewhere and pasted it from there only.but the question is in most of the books which are meant for preparation for HR interviews and on net also the answer to these kind of questions are given like this only.so it means we should not prefer them and give the answers of our own.is this right? and will it work?
    Let's play a game over here. Assume that you are applying for a job in CrazyEngineers 😁

I'll ask a question and the participants will have to come up with their own answers. Say what?

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    Opportunity not worth waiting for. Lets get started
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aashima
    Opportunity not worth waiting for. Lets get started
    Okay, we'll start a new thread in chit-chat for this game. Give me an hour or two to think about it.

I'll start the game tonight and also post the rules. 😉

-The Big K-
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    Basic things,

The H.R wil look at only your body language especially your eyes,

Look ony him/her Dont scroll your eyes.

First to encourage or test U, They will ask Tell some thing about yourself ,

The only thing you need to tell should be apart from your C.V or Resuma.

Even you can tell that i will help others by giving sub-domains on my website, So the Strategical Helpless developers can have a platform bcoz of me.

So that the H.R gets attracted - since he is also a normal Person.

And Say your Negative as Positive .

Thats it .

Me got placed in INFY 2006 thru Campus Requirment only bcoz of my smile hearted Cool Bold and Responsible answers like i mentioned above.

Hope so it will help my buddies too😒.

Thanks and Regards,
    A.SK...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here are some more:

How do you feel about working nights and weekends?
    Can you work under pressure?
    Are you willing to relocate or travel?
    Give me an example of your creativity.
    How long would you expect to work for us if hired?
    Are not you overqualified for this position?
    Would you lie for the company? (Not sure about this one!)
    Who has inspired you in your life and why?
    What was the toughest decision you ever had to make?
    On a scale of one to ten, rate me as an interviewer.

Could someone answer these questions?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans! I hope someone will help me fix this. The .png images with a transparent background doesn't work in IE 6.0. Internet explorer retains the background as "white" instead...
I'll tell you a secret :sshhh:. Only a few among us know about this. Take this as a tiny announcement. Did not want to start a discussion thread in announcement,...
Hi All, I am back with another question. Here it goes: What will happen to the following code? int main() { int *p = NULL ; int *&ref = p...
What is difference between logical and physical address?
Introduce Yourself- Template (Look Here First) Hi, I am a fresh graduate recently joined the company as my first job and very much serious about it. ​ Name: Rahul Diyewar...