Questions about DC Machines

what is the relation between speed and armature current?,flux vs armature current?what happens to flux,armature current,speed,torque if the load increases??

Replies

• AMITBOSE
    AMITBOSE
    Re: dc machines

U can refer ashfaq hussain book
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Re: dc machines

AMITBOSE
    U can refer ashfaq hussain book
    More details please!!!
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Increase in flux decreases the speed but increases the torque. If torque is decreased by decreasing the field current the following sequences are found:

1. Counter Electromotive Force drops instantly, the speed remaining constant because of the inertia of heavy armature.
    2. Due to decrease of EMF armature current I is increased because of I = (V − E)/R.
    3. A small decrease of flux is more than counterbalanced by a large increase of I which means net increase of torque.
    4. If torque increases the speed also increases.
    If applied voltage is kept constant, motor speed has inverse relation with flux.
    [​IMG] where:

• N = revolutions per minute .i.e. motor speed
    • K = proportional constant
    • R = resistance of armature (Ohm)
    • V = electromotive force (Volt)
    • I = current (Ampere)
    • Φ = flux (Weber %28Unit%29)
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    You will know it clearly by doing lab exercises perfectly..
  • ashutoshglamour
    ashutoshglamour
    You can find the answers in book-B.L.THEREJA
  • cowboy
    cowboy
    I can find answer in any electrical machine book like b.L.Thareja volume 2.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I dont know what happend..Suddenly my system settings are changed. In "My computer" the drives are opening in an seperate windows.. and the hidden files are not showing. WINNERS DONT...
Life partner is time pass kind movie.Tushar and genliya good but some disappointment with fardin khan.Story about two couple and a lawyer. Rating:2.5/5 music:1/5
can anyone give me the program for linked list with the foll conditions: 1.first node is created 2.we have to ask the user if he wish to add another data...
hi...i want to work on project related to networks and security...can anyone suggest some eye catching topics...i cant think of any...but i was thinking wireless network security which is also...
Hi Friends, I can help you with certificate Study Material and practice/exam questions for Certification. Regards