QUESTION REGARDING AMPLITUDE MODULATION:

in case of amplitude modulation ,
whenever the massage signal is modulated using carrier wave, then the frequency of modulated signal is equal to that of carrier wave frequency
but when i was doing practical on it the modulated signal frequency get reduced by almost half
can any one tell me the reason behind this??

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    The frequency of carrier & modulating signal can never be same. Just because the modulating signal is having lower frequency, its being modulated. If they both would've had same frequency, there wouldn't be any need for modulation already.
  • sndgpr26
    sndgpr26
    [Prototype]
    The frequency of carrier & modulating signal can never be same. Just because the modulating signal is having lower frequency, its being modulated. If they both would've had same frequency, there wouldn't be any need for modulation already.
    i m not talking about modulating signal rather i m talking that the frequency of modulated signal should be equal to carrier frequency
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    sndgpr26
    i m not talking about modulating signal rather i m talking that the frequency of modulated signal should be equal to carrier frequency
    I see that. Yes, both the frequencies should be same. I guess its rather some problem with configuration. Make sure you've properly adjusted the CRO. Its very possible that you've did a mistake & both the channels might be on different scale.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

at a visit to one of our clients i suggested to mention the fire watch requirements in the hot work permit, i was asked to show where it was written...
I m sufol from Bangladesh. I'm a computer science engineer and I look forward to some interesting CS / IT stuff here.
😎hey frnds this is dhuruv and i m trainer in ethical hacking institute for phising technique but i m not satisfy with this actually i want to go at the...
its my technical seminar documentation 'ovonic unified memory'....which uses ovonic material 'chalcogenide'..no loss of data..more flexible..more no. of read/write cycles than conventional memory..
CEans, We told you this time it's about your friends. We even told you that 'this is just the beginning'. Today we are happy to announce our super-cool facility to...