Question about multiple integration

I have a question about integration.
Here I have the answer given by my teacher and my answer.
Question:
J = ∫∫D [(x-y)/(x+y)^3] dxdy

D = {(x,y) | 0 ≤x≤1, 0≤y≤1}
The answer I have says that J is inifinity, and hence undefined. It also says that at (x,y)=(0,0), f(x,y) is not continuous.
I did get infinity when I integrated in order of dydx but when I integrated in dxdy order, I got -1/2. How can this be when the 2 variables don't depend on each other?

Replies

• pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    do check the limits of integration once you have changed the order of integration. I could be the source of the problem you are facing..

the area that needs to be computed should be of the same bounded region irrespective of the change of order of integration; it being assumed that you are not making any calculation mistakes

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Iam Mohammed Aiyaz from India .Studying Civil Engineering Iam Eager to know about my Profession so that i can learn lot of things to make my Profession Good . ....
Hi, I am Kiran and I am interested only in Cars ....Nothing else........
MY NAME IS SAMRAT KUMAR AND I AM FROM KARACHI, PAKISTAN AND I AM FIRST YEAR STUDENT OF INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS.
Can turbo chargers be used in bikes about 200 cc? I know this sounds crazy but it may be relevant to my final year project help me with your reviews....
hai this is mithra of final ece residing at erode.... I would like to be a good soul with extreme humanity and morale....... Am basically a nature lover...... I greatly...