Query regarding networking

What are the advantages of TCP/IP over OSI model because of what it overpowered OSI???

Replies

• Leo
    Leo
    Buddy in fact we can see no special difference between TCP/IP and OSI. In fact the Application, Presentation and Session layers of OSI model is packed in one layer Application layer of TCP/IP model. The main moto of OSI model was to place Network Dialog Control and Syntax and Semantics of data separate from Application layer for that purpose only Session and Presentation layer were added. But TCP/IP model got so widely used and experimented that OSI model never got chance to get materialized. Actually both are same and hence we can't just say which is superior. If you still have any doubt, feel free to ask. Happy Computing.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We regularly receive Résumé (pronounced "RAY-SUE-MAY", not "Re-sue-um") from students. When writing your resume, you MUST pay attention to the language. Unnecessary usage of what we call "GRE-Words" or...
I need matpower program for security assessement(self healing).can u help me?
Please can some one help me with this: Required proof: A function is computable iff markov chain is recursive. Any links which provide this proof is also welcome
An Article in the Times of India says: The ongoing International Congress of Mathematicians (ICM) in the city may have created an atmosphere for highbrow mathematical discussions, but the country's...
hi ppl, I am new here ( i just joined) lol 😛... Basically, i want to study electric/electronic engineering.. so, i want to know since most engineers are guys, will...