query regarding fan rotation

The direction of rotation of fan is clockwise as seen from the top. Why don't the fan be allowed to rotate in the opposite direction. Is there any specific reason for that?

Replies

• bill190
    bill190
    Fans can be designed to rotate either direction, although it costs more money to manufacture. On the following web page there are several single direction fans and a couple of electrically reversible fans. Note that the reversible fans are more expensive...
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • syedaafaq
    syedaafaq
    its very simple concept behind the rotation of fans........ u would have noticed that our ceiling fans and all those fans which are used as a source of air conditioning purposes rotates in clockwise direction, whereas those fans which are used for the purpose of exhaust rotates in anticlockwise direction. but observing the mechanism behind the rotation of fans we could conclude that the blades of the fan are responsible for the purposes its is going to be used either as a air conditioning fan or as a exhaust fan but not their rotations only.... the parameters in the mechanism of a fan such as the angle of the blades tilted with respect to the direction of rotation depends on each other......
  • adinickluv
    adinickluv
    syedaafaq
    its very simple concept behind the rotation of fans........ u would have noticed that our ceiling fans and all those fans which are used as a source of air conditioning purposes rotates in clockwise direction, whereas those fans which are used for the purpose of exhaust rotates in anticlockwise direction. but observing the mechanism behind the rotation of fans we could conclude that the blades of the fan are responsible for the purposes its is going to be used either as a air conditioning fan or as a exhaust fan but not their rotations only.... the parameters in the mechanism of a fan such as the angle of the blades tilted with respect to the direction of rotation depends on each other......
    I really agree with you, Sayed,..It does depends on the design of the blades..If the fan is rotating in anti-clockwise direction then it may not push the air outwardly but may pull it in..like an exhaust fan..
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    yeah i agree with u guys,fans are basically to throw the air nor to in-hale it!!!! why dont ya do an experiment and share your observation with us!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends! i want to develop a web browser with basic functionality in java for my miniproject. can anyone suggest me the books i should refer and where to get...
hello to all CE, i am new to this site and hoping a good experience. i am in my 2nd yr intrumentation and control engineering,interested in doing a mini project...
He has been an active member of CrazyEngineers since the day he joined. He is an electronics & telecommunication engineering students and firmly believes "Electronics is not enough for life,...
Much awaited King Khan starring "Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi" has released today. If anyone's got a chance to watch the movie, please write a review for us. :smile: Awaiting...
Please let me know if you face any problem uploading new avatar to CE Forums. The problem looks random; the old problem has been fixed. Write to me at [...