Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 - The new 64-bit chipset features integrated 4G LTE world mode

Qualcomm today announced a new 64-bit chipset for mobile phones that are high-volume and entry-level. Called the Qualcomm Snapdragon 410, here we have a chipset developed using the 28nm process technology. The chipset features Adreno 306 graphics processor, full-HD video playback and supports up to 13-megapixel camera. The company shared that the Snapdragon 410 processor is anticipated to begin sampling in the first half of 2014 and expected to be in commercial devices in the second half of 2014. With the new chipset, they've introduced the integrated 4G LTE World Mode that aims a ramp up in China. Only a few weeks back, in November, Qualcomm has announced the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 Features Ultra HD (4K) Resolution & Adreno 420 GPU processor that features the ability to deliver Ultra HD (4K) resolution, both on device and via Ultra HD TVs. In fact, this one is the first mobile processor to have support for system level Ultra HD and 4K video capture & playback as well as enhanced dual camera Image Signal Processors (ISPs).

This is another feather in the cap for Qualcomm, because with Snapdragon 410 chipset, the company adds support for Dual and Triple SIM. Together with Qualcomm RF360 Front End Solution, Snapdragon 410 chipsets will have multiband and multimode support. It also features Qualcomm Technologies' Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, FM and NFC functionality, and support all major navigation constellations: GPS, GLONASS, and China’s new BeiDou, which helps deliver enhanced accuracy and speed of Location data to Snapdragon-enabled handsets. Moreover, the company extends support to all the major operating systems, including the Android, Windows Phone and Firefox.

slide

The company shares in the press release the words of Jeff Lorbeck, senior vice president and chief operating officer, Qualcomm Technologies, China, who said, "We are excited to bring 4G LTE to highly affordable smartphones at a sub-$150 price point with the introduction of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor. The Snapdragon 410 chipset will also be the first of many 64-bit capable processors as Qualcomm Technologies helps lead the transition of the mobile ecosystem to 64-bit processing."

Qualcomm already powers Galaxy S4, Xperia Z, ZU Z1, Nokia mobile handsets in India and it is now expected to power phones in 18 countries with the new processor next year. It has global LTE support, thus it will come with 2300 MHz (Band 40) support. Qualcomm Technologies offers OEMs and operators differentiation through a rich feature set upon which to build innovative high-volume smartphones for budget-conscious consumers. Currently available on Airtel in India, this band would be available on smartphones later this month starting from Bangalore. While Reliance Jio is also expected to roll out 4G LTE in the first half of 2014. Thus there is possibility of these chipsets to come featuring in 4G phones targeted at the Indian market too.

That's pretty much a wrap of today's big announcement. We would love to hear your opinions. So, share with us in comments - What do you think about the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 chipset coming to your next-next phones?

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Qualcomm is a good name in industry.. and there is no doubt about that...
    Only questions I have is..

Ankita Katdare
    The chipset features Adreno 306 graphics processor, full-HD video playback and supports up to 13-megapixel camera. The company shared that the Snapdragon 410 processor is anticipated to begin sampling in the first half of 2014 and expected to be in commercial devices in the second half of 2014.
    Adreno 306 GPU that offer support for dual- and triple-SIM, 13 mp camera seems to be Okiesh today (for mid-high range), but in fast emerging market would it be remain at impressive end after 7-8 months from now?

Though per Qualcomm this chipset is for entry level, but 13 mp camera for entry level, does that make sense?
    It is interesting to see, what they come-up with for the higher end mobile devices.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've just gone through a post on businessweek.com and I was surprised to hear about it. Microsoft's Apple Investment: The Worst Deal of Them All? What do you think about...
Engineers are the core of entrepreneurship but the front end problems arise with legal hitches. Many startups fail in absence of proper compliance. Many vanish with bad contract deals. But...
Liquefied Natural Gas or LNG is fast gaining the interest of many people in different countries as we fight for an alternative source of energy in the fight against the...
Hello Friends I am doing my final year mechanical engineering... I got an Industrial Project.. A furnace door is opened and closed repeatedly to charge and discharge the steel block...
You get a call for an interview and it is scheduled the same day or the very next day. Most people I know are scared to face the interview and...