Qualcomm Is First To Bring Wireless Charging To Devices With Metal Exteriors

Charging our gadgets with metal exteriors wirelessly was not possible, until now. All the wireless charging technologies available failed to become compatible with devices having metal bodies. In the latest announcement, it has come to light that Qualcomm Technologies has become the company first to have an innovative solution for charging our smartphones with metal exteriors without the need of wires. Using a technology called Qualcomm WiPower, the engineers have devised techniques to design a device that can charge through a metal back cover.

qualcomm-wipower_devices_asset

This is a significant step for the entire industry as manufacturers are relying more and more on metal-based alloy to design their products owing not only to aesthetics but greater structural support as well. The technology isn't limited to wireless charging of smartphones and goes much further and hopes to be adopted for a wide range of consumer electronics.

After meeting the Rezence standard, it was clear that WiPower technology could operate at a frequency that is more tolerant of metal objects that could come within the charge field. So, is there are keys and coins in the vicinity of the charge field, they would not affect the charging process.

Qualcomm engineers have gone a step forward and added the feature of charging the metal device itself wirelessly using WiPower. Up to 22 watts os power is required and the speed of charging is equal to if not better than the existing wireless charging technologies.

With WiPower technology, users could charge their smartphones, tablets and other consumer-electronic devices without direct physical contact or the necessity of physically aligning the device on a surface.

Moreover, Qualcomm's WiPower also promises simultaneous charging of multiple devices with different power requirements using Bluetooth Smart. What are your thoughts about Qualcomm's wireless charging technology? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If I send an auto cad drawing,can anybody help me by carrying out analysis of the said item? Please let me know the same.
Hi all Crazy Engineers I am Vinay I did B.Tech in ECE in 2014 I wasted 1year in GATE What should i do now 1.should i go for job search...
Gionee has quietly launched a new smartphone in India called the Pioneer P2M. Featuring a 4 inch display with 800 x 480 pixel WVGA resolution, the Gionee Pioneer P2M features...
I want to know about the placements from CDAC MET-IIT mumbai.I have been allot this center in second round,can anyone tell me about it? plz....
I want to participate to the techfest event. Please suggest upcoming event - working professional