QTP problems

Hi,

I am facing a few problems in installing Quick Test Professional 8.2 (QTP). This is a automation testing tool. I tried to install QTP remotely.

After successful installation and restart of the machine. when I tried to launch QTP, it is not launching... any clue.

If any one had faced this problem in future, please guide me.

Thanks,
-Crazy

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hi boy this is a old question i know leave it.
    So i found a person who works on QTP.
    SO was your problem solved?
    And what is the latest version you are using now?😎
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    English-Scared
    Hi boy this is a old question i know leave it.
    So i found a person who works on QTP.
    SO was your problem solved?
    And what is the latest version you are using now?😎

yup, problem got resolved.

Ohh boy!!! I love to play around QTP. That time problem was on restart on system my system took updates and updated the IE to IE 7.0.

QTP 8.2 dont support IE 7.0 so it was not launching. Later on It came in my notice and reverted back IE to IE 6.0

Currently I am wworking on QTP 9.5, However waiting for QTP 10.0

-CrazyBoy is Back
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    oh! ok.

Still i am working on QTP 9.2 because it was supplied by client.
    read the new features of 9.5 and 10.0 waiting to work on those too..
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I am facing problems in integrating a Keyword framework (QTP) in QC.

Anyone in community had any idea, prior experiencein this. Any help would be appreciable.

-Crazy
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    HeyTesting Professionals,

Can you guys help a fellow's problem in following thread ?

#-Link-Snipped-#

Thanks
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    crazyboy
    I am facing problems in integrating a Keyword framework (QTP) in QC.

Anyone in community had any idea, prior experiencein this. Any help would be appreciable.

-Crazy
    I had tried this and faced no issues.
    can you be a bit clear in that such that i can help you out.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    English-Scared
    I had tried this and faced no issues.
    can you be a bit clear in that such that i can help you out.
    To be more presice my keyword framework has its own reporting, which I want to port to the QC reporting for the individual test case. SO that I can use one of the main feature of QC which is reporting/analysis I guess.

-CrazyBoy
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    crazyboy
    To be more presice my keyword framework has its own reporting, which I want to port to the QC reporting for the individual test case. SO that I can use one of the main feature of QC which is reporting/analysis I guess.

-CrazyBoy
    we had the individual result reporting for both keyword driven and QC but we didnt put them together.
    we reported individually.
    to be clear the results which we displayed through QTP are HTML results and the results i got through QC we used in metrics.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    English-Scared
    we had the individual result reporting for both keyword driven and QC but we didnt put them together.
    we reported individually.
    to be clear the results which we displayed through QTP are HTML results and the results i got through QC we used in metrics.

Ohh!! individual result reporting is easier. We are bound to use the same reporting and thats why I am jiggling with the OTA,

-Crazy😒

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

please give me new seminar topics in computer science stream.... plzz.... any one suggest some good topics
After a long wait and few trial runs last year, the Jetpack has finally arrived on the scene. It was tested for the US army yesterday and successful it was!...
hi! friends.i am final year mech engg now. i want to do project on camless engines. Is it practically feasible? please help me in this regard. please help me.....
im arti mishra.i want to do some project in VB.NET and also want to use some sort of hardware.plz suggest me some topic for my final year project in VB.NET...
Good Evening, Hello everyone i am Nikhil Khattar and i have joined all of u today. It seems quite a helping and cooperating group and i am happy to be...