Puzzle of the day - 2

Here is my Second Question: this is a easy question:

There are two threads of irregular cross section , each thread takes 60 mins to burn completely .

How do you bring up 45 mins by burning both wires completely?

Note::irregular cross section: For example if the wire is of 1 meter length 90 cms may burn in 5 mins and rest 10 cms in 55 mins ..

HINT:: You can burn the wire any number of times

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moved to a new thread. Please start a new thread for each new question. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Ok , Sure Biggie.๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    No one answered this yet ?? try use brains this is very easy ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    So i will give one more hint :::
    You should not cut the wire , but if the wire lit at one side takes 60 mins , it takes 30 mins if we lit on both the sides please give a try now๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    you know what
    I got a very stupid solution:

any ways

here it is!
    as you mentioned i will burn the first wire from 2 ends ie 30 mins, and then fold the second wire into two parts and again burn the second wire from 2 ends ie 15 mins

so both burnt in 45 mins
    hey but this is an ambigous answer. i can as well fold both wires and burn both of them simultaneously then resulting in buring them in 15 mins ๐Ÿ˜
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Durga,
    Your answer is half correct , (this is a big hint) burning first wire by litting two sides you get 30 mins.

But if you fold the second wire some part may burn in 5 mins and the other in 55 mins so cant come upto 30 mins.
    So your answer is wrong.

Guys this is a very easy puzzle dont think much can answer easily.
    ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Durga folded and burned 1 wire.
    I will fold the remaining wire. Now it's length is half. Light both the ends simultaneously. You don't have to cut the thread. When the folded end burns, we will automatically get two wires of length 1/2 of original.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    raj87verma88
    Durga folded and burned 1 wire.
    I will fold the remaining wire. Now it's length is half. Light both the ends simultaneously. You don't have to cut the thread. When the folded end burns, we will automatically get two wires of length 1/2 of original.
    true

I am folding the second wire, the lenght is now half and if I burn it from both ends it should bur in 15 mins. how does buring assymentrically matter when the whole wire needs tob run any way! ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    thats what , i mean you cant fold thw wire into two halves ,
    let me tell you one thing burning at one end burns all the wire in 60 mins , burning from both the ends irrespective of cross section will burn in 30 mins .
    But if you fold the wire because of assymetry in my opinion the wire will not burn in say 60/4 = 15 mins.
    i am not sure wheather your answer i correct or not but iam not completely satisfied ๐Ÿ˜‰

Here is the answer::

Burn the first wire from both the ends resulting in 30 mins.
    At the time you litting the first wire lit the second wire as well but only from one end thus you are left with a wire which will burn in 30 mins , at that point in time lit the second side of the second wire such that it will give 15 mins.

IS my answer clear and easy ??๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is their any book , in which we can find number of programes with solution, related to 8051. plz give me link..
HI guys, if any one from philippines or any one who are working there or if know that place so well then please let me know.. sorry i am asking...
CEans, We associate with number of colleges, universities, conferences, summits around the world to bring you the latest action & updates. We needed a place where we could host information...
Discuss the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...section-announcement-ce-events.html#post42087 in this thread ๐Ÿ˜€
CEans, Our records show that Nagpur is one of the top 10 CE visiting cities in India ๐Ÿ˜. How many of you would be willing to attend a meet at...