Pure Sine wave UPS design + Circuit Diagram

How to make a pure sine wave ups ??? any circuit diagram? and what is the difference between a pure sine wave ups and modified sine wave?

Replies

• kashmirihasan
    kashmirihasan
    anyone here?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Hey man Sine wave got from inverters can't be 100% pure

But one solution I can think of is using a VCO tuned to the same frequency of the output of inverter and thus we get nearly smooth sine wave

PS:But why do you need 100% pure sine wave
  • kashmirihasan
    kashmirihasan
    so u are saying 100 % pure sine wave doesnt exist?
  • kashmirihasan
    kashmirihasan
    i need pure sine wave for my computer
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    kashmirihasan
    i need pure sine wave for my computer
    Your computer is designed to work in a wide range of voltage and fixed 50 Hz or 60 Hz frequency

This signal doesnot neccessarily be sine wave it can easily work if the input is a square wave as well

In general if your system has SMPS the input signal is immediately converted into DC for utilisation so the signal you are using has less importance
  • Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    MY BE project SOLAR MPPT SINE WAVE INVERTER ...
  • Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    No need for pure sine in smps devices which use rectifiers in first stage ..
    all ur hard work of creating sine wave goes down the drain when it converted to dc ..
    CFL's & computers work well at 230V Dc ..
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Cyborg 009
    No need for pure sine in smps devices which use rectifiers in first stage ..
    all ur hard work of creating sine wave goes down the drain when it converted to dc ..
    CFL's & computers work well at 230V Dc ..
    Not 230 V DC friend

That will be 230 V AC equivalent DC voltage Which is 230/(2)^1/2
  • Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    230V from mains is rms voltage ...Vpeak = 325V
    230Vrms AC= 230V DC
  • kashmirihasan
    kashmirihasan
    my power supply got burnt bcz i used modified sine wave inverter. my friend told me to use pure sine wave ups.
  • Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    you made the inverter ???
    in mod sine the o/p sits at zero for sometime to resemble sine wave ..
  • kashmirihasan
    kashmirihasan
    nope inverter was built by my friend. but he told me it was modified sine wave and sensitive devices like computer get burnt out becz of modified sine wave ...bcz in an inverter u can never have pure sine wave with a chopper
  • Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    some info on pwm inverter..
    #-Link-Snipped-#

First step to produce 325V dc from 12v dc .It can be done using a push-pull dc dc converter.. O/P can be adjusted to 230VDC & can be diredtly used to power SMPS circuits ..
    12V / 325V 150W DC/DC converter

2nd step to provide sinusoidal PWM signals to H bridge powered by 325v DC ..
    then the o/p of bridge is filtered to get 230V AC pure sine ..@ 1-5% THD
    I used atmega16 & sine lookup table to produce the required pwm signals .
  • arunvtkl
    arunvtkl
    100% pure sine wave inverter using pic 16F628A chip
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • manojCC
    manojCC
    after all you need to convert a sine wave ups into Dc at the end...why you wand to go around a bush when you have clear path to walk..
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    manojCC
    after all you need to convert a sine wave ups into Dc at the end...why you wand to go around a bush when you have clear path to walk..
    Well I don't agree with this term in all practical scenario. Some circuits need AC and so we need invertors to boost them up don't you think that they als need some justice done to them

Pure Sine wave circuits is not practically feasible Noises will be there nearly 99% pure is an apt word for describing the output of pic
  • a.alandkar
    a.alandkar
    100% pure sine wave can be generated. Here are some steps to achieve it.
    1. get sine(50Hz) weighted PWM with a carrier of 2-3KHz as per ur convenience
    2. get them inverted.
    3. now by using digital logic make 4 pulses of those 2 pulse.
    4. get all the 4 pulses isolated and use them to fire IGBT/MOSFETs.
    5. The resultant o/p will be sine wave. You can verify it by using R-C or L-C at the o/p stage.
  • vamsi kancharla
    vamsi kancharla
    kashmirihasan
    How to make a pure sine wave ups ??? any circuit diagram? and what is the difference between a pure sine wave ups and modified sine wave?
    pure sine wave(98%) inverters/ups are available in the markets to buy then why to design that to for computers time consuming task

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to learn basic electronics, any help in this regard is appreciated?
what is capacitor squirrel cage induction motors? where they are used? why there is a need of a capacitor with this kind of motor?
hello ceans !feeling good to get back to CE. Since several days I'd been trying to login with my username and password using google chrome :Version 27.0.1453.116 . I was...
I have personally been researching this new 'cloud computing' as what people call it.According to me- Cloud Computing is like a spider web. Everything is connected one-way or another. This...
CDAC is a well known organization in India for trainings and placements. The bigger question every CDAC applicant is facing these days is which CDAC center to choose and how's...