Prysmian To Showcase Latest FTTH R&D Results at Lisbon Conference

Milan, 22 February 2010 – Prysmian, world leader in the energy and telecommunications cables industry, will this week unveil the rewards of its focus on FTTH Research and Development, when it appears at the FTTH Council Conference in Lisbon.

Among the showcase products on display will be significantly reduced size optical cables - including 720 fibre designs with less than 16mm diameter – which are already available for use worldwide in metropolitan access networks where duct space is at a premium. The range is enhanced with smaller size, lower fibre count products for final customer connections.

On the fibre side, Prysmian has refined its CasaLight™ family of bend insensitive optical fibres, ensuring compliance with the toughest ITU G657 requirements, allowing fibre bending down to a radius of 5mm whilst maintaining full compatibility with the fibre and connection requirements presented by existing infrastructure build. The cables and fibres are complemented by a comprehensive range of connectivity products all designed with both reduced size and cost as fundamental criteria.

“Customer access is a prime area of our business globally and the Lisbon conference is the ideal venue to show the market just what major advances Prysmian and its R&D teams are bringing to the market,” said Prysmian Telecom’s director Hakan Ozmen.

The Prysmian team will be demonstrating the full range of FTTH solutions on Stand G9 at the FIL, Feira Internacional de Lisboa, Portugal.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

kindly give me some ideas about way of paper presentation
hi guys, well here are some lab experiments foe civil students... well it might help u ... TESTS ON CEMENT FINENESS​ AIM​ To determine the fineness of cement by dry...
Their are 2 methods of creating zero gravity. out of which one is completely feasible and have been implemented. 1. Using gravitational forces of attraction. suppose if you have four...
hey i just saw aid of ceptainfotech on CE site ... any body knows about it ??its profile and training quality etc....
Hello Guys. I am Aniket new to CE 😉. Passionate about Computers & Technology! I too like to share something. Its a motivational story !!! So.... Once upon a time...