propotion problem....

5 boys and 3 girls do the work in 7 days . how many days will be required to do the same work with 4 boys and 5 girls....

Replies

• BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    I think this problem can be solved as follows:
    5x + 3y = 7 ...............eq(1)
    4x + 5y = Z ................eq(2)
    equation (1) and (2) are equal to each other and in equation(2) the Z is assumed.
    now by putting both equations equal to each other we can solve it.............. (to be continued...)
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    6.22 is the answer. AS we dont know the individual break downs we consider complete!

If not it cannot be determined.

@BCA_Girl: We have 2 equations and 3 unknowns so we cannot find the solution rite?
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    @English-scared: The value of y will be replaced by (7-x) in next step. Then next calculation will be done.
    I have lack of time, by which i can completely solved it. Anyway, good job English-Scared.
  • qaisarpk1
    qaisarpk1
    can anyone solve this using proportion formula....?
  • Hussanal Faroke
    Hussanal Faroke
    Here whr is the propotion? Contribution of boy and girl is not mentioned.So we can't tell how many days it will take. Days may increase or decrease.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Suppose you have landed in Tokyo. The major mode of transport in Japan is trains. So, once you are at a railway station, you will have to use some basic...
he...I am learning Japanese language.I know you can find no of difficulties while learning Japanese language. This is appeal to all who know the Japanese language...please paste your suggestion here...
With its new location-based Places feature, Facebook may have just lit the match that will ignite another round of privacy controversy. On Wednesday, Facebook took the wraps off of Places,...
Bangalore-based digital publisher EC Media International on Thursday launched its multi-function e-book reader Wink that supports 15 Indian languages. The Wink E-Reader comes with an amazing storehouse of more than...
sir, Myself Chetan Jaiswal,final yr ECE dept,wants to do a project entitled "Wireless signalling system for trains'. Could you please provide us idea as how to develop it...could you please...