Promoting through community on orkut!

hi big k .
i have made a community on orkut named crazy engineers.
is this step correct?
if yes then do invite all CEn's to join the community...
do tell me whether i am right or wrong.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: community on orkut!

devesh
    hi big k .
    i have made a community on orkut named crazy engineers.
    is this step correct?
    if yes then do invite all CEn's to join the community...
    do tell me whether i am right or wrong.
    Hi Devesh! We aren't weasels and anything that our CEans do to promote CE is welcome (as long as it is legal ๐Ÿ˜ ) . This is 'OUR' community and its upto us how we promote ourselves.

That's a good step & I'd encourage all CEans to drop their ideas of promoting CE in this section. There's a thread dedicated to promoting CE, have a look at it here -

#-Link-Snipped-#

-The Big K-
  • DEP
    DEP

to all CEans,

with no disrespect to anyone i would like to say...
    i neither appreciate nor support the view of promoting "CRAZYENGINEERS" on orkut. orkut is just a means to make new (so called) friends/galfriends/boyfriends.i agree that we should do as much as we can for the promotion of "CE" but dont think that we need to promote it among the ones who spend most of their time in writing SCRAPS.
    (please dont take me otherwise)

i am not against orkut and understand that everyone has his/her own priorities but when things like ORKUT becomes a priority than... do i need to complete my statement.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

DEP
    to all CEans,

with no disrespect to anyone i would like to say...
    i neither appreciate nor support the view of promoting "CRAZYENGINEERS" on orkut. orkut is just a means to make new (so called) friends/galfriends/boyfriends.i agree that we should do as much as we can for the promotion of "CE" but dont think that we need to promote it among the ones who spend most of their time in writing SCRAPS.
    (please dont take me otherwise)

i am not against orkut and understand that everyone has his/her own priorities but when things like ORKUT becomes a priority than... do i need to complete my statement.
    I appreciate DEP's suggestion & DEP has a valid point. But I think that the social networking sites can be a good way of promoting our name and that's the primary purpose behind Devesh's new community on Orkut. Of course CE, as such, is not involved in supporting Orkut communities.

We'll need to spread our word through students & working professionals so that we continue to become a useful & better place for Engineers around the world!

-The Big K-
  • devesh
    devesh
    hey big k i think making a community on orkut does n't mean that we all CE"ans are not going to dicuss anything then in crazyengineers.com
    the only motive behind this to give an exposure to crazyengineers.com.
    what i think is that most of the people of the corporate world dont know about crazyengineers.com being best portal for engineers.
    only the students like us knows about crazyengineers.
    we all want to give CE a bigger platform to show what actually it is and how actually it can help others.
    by making a community on orkut the idea to interact and get in touch with corporate people would be fullfilled.
    and moreover more n more students will come to know about CE.and this is the exposure what CE still wants.
    so what say big k!!!!!!
    i hope you will invite and request all the CE'ns to join that community.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hello Devesh,

I think my point has been misunderstood. I liked the idea of promoting CE through social networking websites. We are not at all bothered about CE losing members to other communities too.

As I said in my first reply, all steps to promote CE are welcome & CEans can promote CE the way they want. Orkut community is a good idea, but we won't be *officially* supporting it ๐Ÿ˜

Keep up the good work, Devesh ๐Ÿ˜€ !

-The Big K-
  • DEP
    DEP
    The_Big_K
    Hello Devesh,

I think my point has been misunderstood. I liked the idea of promoting CE through social networking websites. We are not at all bothered about CE losing members to other communities too.

As I said in my first reply, all steps to promote CE are welcome & CEans can promote CE the way they want. Orkut community is a good idea, but we won't be *officially* supporting it ๐Ÿ˜

Keep up the good work, Devesh ๐Ÿ˜€ !

-The Big K-

hey biggie,

how come ORKUT has been highlighted in all the posts.
    it is great indeed !!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    DEP
    hey biggie,

how come ORKUT has been highlighted in all the posts.
    it is great indeed !!!
    Highlighted? It is not. Did you search for the term 'Orkut' before landing on this this thread?

Are there any other social networking sites that our CEans can target to promote us?

-The Big K-
  • DEP
    DEP
    The_Big_K
    Highlighted? It is not. Did you search for the term 'Orkut' before landing on this this thread?

Are there any other social networking sites that our CEans can target to promote us?

-The Big K-
    i am very sorry. I didnt realize tht its because of the SEARCH thing that the word was highligted.

actually i was using the SEARCH technique for the first time so didnt realize that at all. am very sorry for asking such a stupid question.

thanks biggie.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    DEP
    i am very sorry. I didnt realize tht its because of the SEARCH thing that the word was highligted.

actually i was using the SEARCH technique for the first time so didnt realize that at all. am very sorry for asking such a stupid question.

thanks biggie.
    No questions are stupid. I'm glad you are curious to know about how CE forum functions. ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    We WILL NOT advertise our selves officially on Orkut.

But having said that, Devesh I appreciate your efforts and desire to promote CE. There is no restriction on you or any one else creating a community on Orkut about CE. You can privately ask people to join as well. However CE will be unable to officially promte it.

I'm sorry if I'm disappointing you, I only want you to think differently.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let me extend this a bit further.

CE can be promoted in various ways and promotion is more effective if CEans promote CE by word of mouth. However, I'd personally encourage putting a link to us in your email signatures or orkut scraps. ๐Ÿ˜€

What say?

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    I did not see any such community on Orkut ๐Ÿ˜” . I include a link to CrazyEngineers in my personal email. Its very effective way of advertising ๐Ÿ˜‰

Has anyone tried yahoo groups? there are other social networking websites too. we can target them!
  • Mahesh
    Mahesh
    Hi Biggie,

I think instead of thinking about promoting our forum through social network communities,its better we does something special different from others .Activities like doing projects by our CEans,Writing articles as we have already started and some other innovative stuff which will bring name and fame to us and implicitly promote our forum without any advertising...
    What is ur opinion CEans???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mahesh
    Hi Biggie,

I think instead of thinking about promoting our forum through social network communities,its better we does something special different from others .Activities like doing projects by our CEans,Writing articles as we have already started and some other innovative stuff which will bring name and fame to us and implicitly promote our forum without any advertising...
    What is ur opinion CEans???
    Hi Mahesh,

You'll be glad to know that we have already started most of the activities that you have suggested. Recently one of the CEans approached for a research project with us. We need a team of mentors (CEans who are already working or have spent some time in the industry) for the CEans who are students. Let's see how things go ๐Ÿ˜€

How about forming local clubs? Do we have CEans who can take lead and form CE clubs in their colleges?

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I wonder if there's a social networking site JUST for engineers. Possible idea for CE Labs? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ash, please tell us more about your idea. ๐Ÿ˜€ Are you suggesting that we develop a social networking software?

Turning CE into a social network isn't a big deal (actually!) , but we don't want to do that. There is no point in forming communities for the heck of it ๐Ÿ˜ Our dream is to unite engineers across the world so that we can help each other, exchange ideas, innovate & make the world a better place to live ๐Ÿ˜ ( that's crazy, eh? )

Very soon, we'll need to setup a core team that handles various activities. Brace yourself for the action!

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hm.. well, I wouldn't want CE to end up like the existing social networking sites, or else it'll lose it's professionalism! ๐Ÿ˜›

More like an engineering networking place, like you said, to share ideas and all. This forum is sufficient enough, but remember you wanted a place to host our projects and all too? Why not make it an all in one place without relying on external websites?

It's a tuesday morning and I've got a lab to run off to now ๐Ÿ˜” I would like to clarify what I mean sooner or later. Hopefully the rest of CE can add in their ideas too! ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi all, i am studying Operating system these days and finding it very interesting but a little bit complicated as well. i was studying about deadlocks and til now have...
hi CEans, i have got a P4 processor with 128MB RAM and 40GB hardisk and am using WINDOWS XP. which antivirus would be best suited for my system. i hve...
Hi all, I want to know what is torque and back emf in DC motors. Please explain in brief.
CEans making the world a playground and a better place to live in.I think as responsible CEans,it is very important to discuss what are the evil effects of globalization.We have...
A resume is considered as the first introduction to the individual without actually meeting him face to face.There is an xyz organisation maintaining a good corporate governance and has a...